What's new
The PCB will boot without 12V, not the sound. Most of CPS won't even boot because it need sound ICs confirmation (that use 12v).

The PCB will boot without 12V, not the sound. Most of CPS won't even boot because it need sound ICs confirmation (that use 12v).
That was my finding.

I was using an MV-1C MVS board with stereo mod.

Jamma sound did not work, but the stereo mod worked fine on only 5v.

I'm looking forward to building my first Minigun!

I just ordered the parts and the stereo jack was out of stock, so I replaced it with Digi-Key part SC2405-ND (manufacturer part 35RAPC4BHN3), which I believe will work. Just wanted to let people know, in case anyone is in the same boat.

Is anyone offering the latest rev rebuilt? I get asked for supergun recommendations often and want to point people to a seller.

Is anyone offering the latest rev rebuilt? I get asked for supergun recommendations often and want to point people to a seller.
I offer them on eBay along with several other sellers.
I have 2 of RockyArcade's v2.5 miniguns and I can't recommend them enough.

He does fantastic work at a VERY fair price. Almost too fair, IMO.

Great support too.

Whats the difference between minidin9 and minidin8. I'm new to the whole supergun thing and am looking to get this one

It's just different cables for video output. Minidin-9 is used on the Genesis, so if you have one of those around, you can use the same cables on both.

I believe the other side of the switches are connected to the ground plane.

I believe the other side of the switches are connected to the ground plane.
Thank you! I actually figured it out and had edited my post accordingly. So for those who wonder what this reply is about: I couldn't figure out what the other side of the momentary switches was connected to.

Hey all

I noticed that for Version 2.5. It has 2 terminals for +5V. The Atx breakout board I've order only has 1 +5V connection point. If I just connected one of them, would it be ok?

Hey all

I noticed that for Version 2.5. It has 2 terminals for +5V. The Atx breakout board I've order only has 1 +5V connection point. If I just connected one of them, would it be ok?
It depends on the wire length and gauge.

Hey all

It depends on the wire length and gauge.
So better to connect both then?

I'm getting something like this:

CG17892A1-5cf4b1a096fab4ca3c6028c1.jpg

Just an update.

I've managed to get this working whilst hooked up to my XRGB Upscaler and I noticed that I'm not getting any sound via direct RGB audio. It doesn't seem to be an issue when I change it to headphones mode though.

If going by the description, the RGB cable should transmit sound correct?

Back