What's new

UltraSean

Student
Reaction score
Ok so I have a bunch of CPS2 working U.S. A boards. I would like to consolize one or two. Anyone have ideas about what can be done with the rest? Also is a guide to troubleshooting the one I can’t get to work? I’m just looking for some ideas on what to do with them.

Sell them - always people with more B than A boards who want an additional A

What's wrong with the ones that aren't working

One I can’t actually get to work, and the other ones volume is always at SUPER FREAKING LOUD at start up.

I think Undamned is eventually releasing a consolizing kit that lets you still use the A board in a cabinet too.

If youre looking to consolize anything, Undamned also makes usb decoders that work like MAGIC.

As for the unworking one, i would start checking with a multimeter if anything is getting any power.

Ive been looking for extra A boards for a while now! ;^)

Is there a consolize kit available right now anywhere?

Are any of the "A" boards still available (if you're selling them)?

Looking for a USA or JAPAN board as mine just gave up the ghost, and all I can find here in Florida are the SOUTH AMERICA boards...

One I can’t actually get to work, and the other ones volume is always at SUPER FREAKING LOUD at start up.
For the really loud one, hold down volume down when you turn it on, for 5 seconds. This resets the volume control
First time I've heard of this feature, cool. Volume setting should be saved on power off though right? If it's defaulting to super loud on startup, what does this actually do?

For the really loud one, hold down volume down when you turn it on, for 5 seconds. This resets the volume control
First time I've heard of this feature, cool. Volume setting should be saved on power off though right? If it's defaulting to super loud on startup, what does this actually do?
Sometimes the EEPROM that saves the volume setting gets corrupted and needs to be reset, when it happens you either lose all sound or it maxes out

Back