What's new

glstar

Grand Master
Reaction score
Here is something i wanted to do from when i got my second cab of Virtua Fighter 1.
Basically what i want is to transform my Virtua Fighter 1 cabinet into a multi fighter cabinet, using of course only original model 1/2 boards.
No harms or cuts have been made to the original hardware and on the original harness….

Games that will be included into are:
Virtua Fighter 1
Virtua Fighter 2
Sonic The Fighters
Last Bronx
Fighting Vipers (or Dead or Alive, i have to decide this)
Dynamite Cop (even if it's not a 1v1 fighting game)
Works to achieve this is:
- Transform cabinet into a jamma cabinet.
- Transform boards into jamma.
- Construct some structure to have 6 boards into the cabinet.
- Assemble all together.

So firstly i made an adaptor to transform the Virtua Fighter cab into a jamma one
w0Dexbqh.jpg

fyhI4iDh.jpg

Then made 6 jamma adapters for Model 2 and Model 1 boards.
Then build a wood structure i can Mount and dismount into the cabinet.
d6eusM2h.jpg

XH3hWPOh.jpg

Then i use a wonderful jamma 6-1 switcher from Riddletv with a stereo switcher, since Model1 and Model 2 boards are stereo.

Now this is what i have….
All working just fine (didn't test the audio switch yet) in my test bench.
vup2ckEh.jpg

5a6TK6Ah.jpg

QU1tWY5h.jpg

wtMFzLMh.jpg

Start mounting inside the cabinet
p5uJOxuh.jpg

y3ctkrEh.jpg

iwwkm4ch.jpg

Mounting the 6-1 switcher inside the cab
7lWvFt6h.jpg

772ZPkdh.jpg

5Gdnuy3h.jpg

I just have to finish mounting boards into it and play with stereo sound switcher.

All is now inside
x22O51Uh.jpg

mDIXh3Sh.jpg

Audio Switcher board
aS8eRCVh.jpg

kVpZ30uh.jpg

Last edited:
All is now into the cabinet.
I just need to have the audio stereo into the switcher and then into the sound amp…..

This is really cool - I didn't know there was a 6 way JAMMA switcher!

Damn, that's pretty sick. Very nice work.

Thanks guys.
It's nice to have all this into that cabinet.
A lot of time to do all, but it's well Worth the effort
:)

Looks awesome. I just hope you never have to move it!

I projected it to be able to remove all just by unlocking a latch
1 minutes work

I've recently acquired what turned out to be a Virtua Fighter cabinet (was sadly spray painted over and converted to a Dynamite Cop model2A cab) and I have some questions on restoring it in a similar nature to what you have done in this thread.

1. You have converted the VF cab to JAMMA, but how does JAMMA handle stereo sound?
  2. How do you plan to manage all the components heating up now there is less circulation, or am I mistaken to think that's a worry.
  3. The wiring job in my cabinet is extremely jankey, would you be able to provide more cabinet internal and external shots?
  4. The latches and hinges specifically on the back of my cabinet appear to have been stripped off and replaced with... a single wood screw... Would it be possible to see what the back of the cabinet looks like with possible identification markers to purchase replacements?
  5. Were there any specific quirks involving the hardware to convert the Model1 cab into a Model2 compatible cab?
Thanks for your time!

I've recently acquired what turned out to be a Virtua Fighter cabinet (was sadly spray painted over and converted to a Dynamite Cop model2A cab) and I have some questions on restoring it in a similar nature to what you have done in this thread.

1. You have converted the VF cab to JAMMA, but how does JAMMA handle stereo sound?
  2. How do you plan to manage all the components heating up now there is less circulation, or am I mistaken to think that's a worry.
  3. The wiring job in my cabinet is extremely jankey, would you be able to provide more cabinet internal and external shots?
  4. The latches and hinges specifically on the back of my cabinet appear to have been stripped off and replaced with... a single wood screw... Would it be possible to see what the back of the cabinet looks like with possible identification markers to purchase replacements?
  5. Were there any specific quirks involving the hardware to convert the Model1 cab into a Model2 compatible cab?
Thanks for your time!
1. Jamma cannot handle stereo, so i use an external audio stereo switcher
kVpZ30uh.jpg

2. I don't think it's a problem especially in a private environment.
Anyway remember that only one board at time is powered, so no big heat is produced.

3. Look at that video for the cable.
Sorry but i can't get shot's of the internal since i already Mount everything into the cab.

4. in the back of the cab you only have one keylock, nothing more.
But let me have some shots of your cab so i can understand what you want to see.

5. To convert model 1 cab to jamma, you have to do a specific harness for it, nothing really difficult, just have to buy JST male connectors and look at the vf1 schematic you can find it into the user manual.

Model 2 and Model 1 are nearly the same regarding cabling.

Cabinet is nearly finished.
OjzrLYKh.jpg

72ODUe5h.jpg

zI6uMj6h.jpg

BjbzW0wh.jpg

A little video of it running through the boards.

I swap Fighting Vipers with Dead or Alive, since it's a better game.

Stereo sound is working fine through the audio switcher.
zI6uMj6h.jpg

Neon has been replaced by Led.

I just need to do recap on the monitor (a burn free MS8 26").
85Vb8jCh.jpg

Ipkq8Okh.jpg

JnnilaUh.jpg

CQ3z4L2h.jpg

Very big project.
Alot of times to do the cabling, build the wood structure and put everything together, but i really like it.
:)

Hi there, I found this forum thanks to your thread. I don't know if it means anything but as your making this cab, we are actually scrapping the specs for the real Sega Virtua Fighter, I was boxing and scrapping the file when I found your thread on this forum thanks to the Cabinets id code.

What do you mean by scrapping?
As in boxing them up, ready to be put in a furnace.
We can't save any of those for archiving/collecting purposes????
As much as i hate to say it they are stamped by the manufacturer, the pdf or paper specs are marked copyright (Sega in this case), if they are not built in x amount of years, they will be stored for a short time then "likely" incinerated :(. Oddly enough a load of the old stuff still exists from the 90's they exist on disks that used to fit in the pc and amiga. I've even got the old Street Fighter 2 specs there somewhere. Most modern programs are cnc codes for wood cutting.

It would be nice to preserve these in some way rather than "scrapping" them. Even if it's in your own personal possession for preservation.

CNC specs would be very useful....

Any pcb schematics in there?

Back