What's new

deuceduzit

Student
Reaction score
Anyone know if it is possible to link 2 Noir cabs w/ Tekken7 FR?

Was was hoping it was possible to link them with a hub or something. And does anyone know if it is safe to connect them to the net? Will namco brick my T7FR if its connected?

You can always try it, just don’t let them get online just in case.

looks like it was able to get a local IP but still unable to link. As for duplicating screen and extending controls to 2nd cab... I dont think the arcade edition enables 2 player mode.

It's definitely possible because I just played on a pair of linked cabs that were offline tonight. One has to be in Group A and the other in Group B, but it was a public arcade so I don't know the test mode details like IP settings or anything.

I'm thinking about setting up a japan proxy and try to connect. Anyone have any thoughts on this? How are these games registered? If I was in Japan and connected these cabs to the internet what would happen?

I'm thinking about setting up a japan proxy and try to connect. Anyone have any thoughts on this? How are these games registered? If I was in Japan and connected these cabs to the internet what would happen?
Nothing would happen. You don't have an account.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I can try to get these cabs linked?

Try the group A group B thing actually. Check in the network settings in test menu

@Dache, it wasn't Las Vegas Arcade Soho, was it?

Because if it was, they probably have some deal with Namco. They also run other games that aren't officially supported in Europe.

https://www.lasvegasarcadesoho.co.uk/games-machines/
No, it was the new Arcade Club in Leeds, but they may also have a deal with Namco if they offer it in the UK, I'm not sure. Next time I'm in, I'll ask, but they also have a lot of other modern games that aren't officially supported in Europe too like various rhythm games.

Edit: Actually, it looks like LV just have modified PS4's in cabinets according to that page. Arcade Club has the real-deal T7FR in linked Noir HDs.
should I change one to blue too? And if yes which one?
Can you post a picture? I think Group A was coloured red and Group B was coloured blue, but no idea if that gets represented in the test menu. One cab should be A, the other should be B, there isn't a notion of "player 1" or "player 2" because they're essentially just single-player machines that kinda simulate an online battle and each player can choose either the left or right side at their own discretion.

tried all combos and still no luck. The local play selection is grayed out.

The test menu does let me specify group and color... unfortunately I still cannot get it to work trying all different combos.

Only other thing I can personally think of is, ensuring Freeplay is on? That's how the two cabs near me are set. It's a real longshot, but you know how it is with modern arcade game credits these days with each company wanting a slice of each credit, perhaps local networked play is disabled because they're expecting the online network to be set up for the credit-buying process..?

If you haven't worked it out by next weekend, I know I'm going back to the arcade on Sunday so I'll try and ask the staff ;)

Yep, freeplay is enabled and still not dice. The local play selection is grayed out and unable to select. Only option is offline.

If you can get details on how it is networked would be great! Thanks again for all your help.

Can you set both to a local IP and see what it does?

192.168.0.100 (a) and 192.168.0.101 (b)
Subnet 255.255.255.0.
If you use a hub or switch they won't get an IP I'd think. (Maybe a 169 default IP but that's not what you would want.)
Show some screenshots of the config it has now and we can go from there.

Back