What's new
it doesn't give me an option to assign IP but I'm sure I can do it through router if need be. Dont think it will make a difference as its grabbing DCHP address from router. Please see pics.

one thing I did notice is that "tempo router" settings would default to 0s after I start game.... thinking T7 may need a special router?

Didn't get a chance to ask anyone at the arcade on Sunday as it was super, super busy due to Father's Day, sorry. I'll try to catch someone who'll know at some point though.

Right, I asked the owner earlier (who does know about A-P, hi Andy!) and apparently there is indeed a special Namco router (the Tenpo thing?) that is required for it to work, and it came with their cabs when they were bought so they don't know where you'd get one on its own. Hooking them up with crossover ethernet cable is also a requirement if you're not already using it was the other thing I was told, but without the router it's a non-starter.

@Dache Thank you so much for the insight. I was going crazy trying to get them to link.

@Cereth Thanks bro! :) Let me know what you come up with.

Thank you all who chimed in, love the support from everyone.

That's the scary thing about that. I'm seeing some from anywhere between $250-$350. I would probably bite if I know it works for sure but being that it may not work makes me a little gun shy.... $350 is a little too much for a risk of it not working. Anyone here with working setup confirm if its just stock firmware?

- Looking at router details it looks like its just a basic VPN router... I'm leaning towards it being a custom FW of some sort.

Last edited:
I believe I was told that the router was Namco branded ("the Namco router" were the exact words IIRC which suggests to me their name is on the case somewhere), so I'd err on the side of it being custom in some fashion.

Might also use a custom FW?
Most likely, at the very least its programmed to connect to a Namco specific IP, etc...

I believe I was told that the router was Namco branded
None of those guys have/make their own network equipment, they might rebrand them/just put labels with their names on it, but thats about it. They are all basically off the shell stuff. But, they most likely have custom firmware or some type security on them.

That's the scary thing about that. I'm seeing some from anywhere between $250-$350. I would probably bite if I know it works for sure but being that it may not work makes me a little gun shy.... $350 is a little too much for a risk of it not working. Anyone here with working setup confirm if its just stock firmware?

- Looking at router details it looks like its just a basic VPN router... I'm leaning towards it being a custom FW of some sort.
Hopefully someone can confirm if this is the router needed, etc...

None of those guys have/make their own network equipment, they might rebrand them/just put labels with their names on it, but thats about it. They are all basically off the shell stuff. But, they most likely have custom firmware or some type security on them.
Yeah, that's all I meant. It's probably something they receive from the manufacturer pre-flashed so they can just throw it in with cab orders and it'll just work when hooked up by the operator.

I would ask if I could see it to take a photo or something to help tracking it down, but they don't know me, and it gets busy in there and I can't disturb their business.

Thank you everyone for chiming in and helping me with this. You guys are awesome! Hopefully we can get this figured out.

Yeah, that's all I meant. It's probably something they receive from the manufacturer pre-flashed so they can just throw it in with cab orders and it'll just work when hooked up by the operator.
I would ask if I could see it to take a photo or something to help tracking it down, but they don't know me, and it gets busy in there and I can't disturb their business.
Im gonna check if my local Round 1 has T7FR in there linked up and see what it is, they usually have the back panels off the machines cause they are lazy to put them back on when they service stuff.

My business partner is working at R1 right now and says it just uses a plain old switch but I don't believe him half the time :/

yep, just tried router, switch and hub. All with regular cables and crossover cables. Still no luck. I can however get a tenpo IP address on the netgear router if I reset everything to default.

Maybe we can get a sneak peek at what the 2 cabs settings are? I currently have both set to A group - 1st cab red and 2nd set to blue.

Back