What's new
Just need to find the manual for it so I can figure out how to login. I haven't tried to log into it yet but im pretty sure its going to be in Japanese.

Oh I'm glad it works! They are the same routers I have for Dragonball I think, don't know if the firmware is different. Will have to try in a few months when my Tekkens come!

Are we sure it even uses a different firmware?
Most likely it is, as it may have a vpn tunnel to namco servers preconfigured. Maybe they have firmware updates available?

just tried to log into the router with pc... asking for username and pw... need to find manual and see what default pw is.

found the instruction manual and default username and password doesn't seem to let me in.... manager/friend

Very interesting to see this working. Did it work with it off the net, and just both systems wired directly to the router?

The unbranded units aren't so expensive, would obviously be awesome to find out the settings Namco uses. I'm tempted to get an unbranded router for science and experimentation :)

The only place I currently see the Namco branded router for costs about 10x what the unbranded ones cost...

So one Cab has to be in Group A the other in B ? Sounds odd, shouldn‘t these be in the same group? One red one blue ?

Thx a lot
Jan

Last edited:
I have a second ES3 on the way, so wondering if anyone has tried this with the unbranded VPN router?

I have heard of a few that have gotten this to work. I was told it was all about IP range. I'll post pics of the range hopefully sometime tonight when I get a chance.... Work has been chaotic.

Thank you for your response, I got 4 Tekken 7 machines linked on a linksys router with those settings. Everything is working now!! If I could play online with this it would be awesome. If you have any info on that, it would be appreciated.

Glad to hear it was figured out. I'll remove the routers from my request list from the distro.

Heads up guys... I was told there is a max limit of plays for offline mode....

Heads up guys... I was told there is a max limit of plays for offline mode....
Ah typical. It's Tekken Tag 2 all over again. Did your source divulge more details regarding this?

Given that Tekken 7 is out in the wild in dumped form I am wondering if it's not better to just format my ES3X and put Windows on it with the dumped version of Tekken 7 running instead?!

I am also thinking of doing that.... May just format and go windows.

My source had some instructions to clone the drive so that I can restore it back to playable state in case it max plays and goes dead.

I hope so... I really don't want to format the stock Namco Es3... But if I get locked that may be my only choice. Not too familiar with the cloning process. The source said it had to done in Linux using dd or something. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in and provide more details or instructions.

I hope so... I really don't want to format the stock Namco Es3... But if I get locked that may be my only choice. Not too familiar with the cloning process. The source said it had to done in Linux using dd or something. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in and provide more details or instructions.
I believe the reason for Linux is because the HDD serial number on the ES* units are zeroed out and when Windows sees that it writes a random serial number to those drive header bytes essentially bricking the game

Reactions: nem
Back