What's new

geekmiki

Student
Reaction score
Hi,

I just received my kit, installed it on a PAL G Rev. 7 B board and it's working "fine". I stumbled on two problems though...

1. When I power on the board I always get a solid white screen. I have to load a game in order for it to work. Is that the normal behavior? I'm asking because on power on the LCD displays the game that was loaded last.

2. 1p controls do not work. Quite strange, since they work on other PCBs. 2p controls work perfectly. EDIT: Solved

Anyway, thumbs up to all the people involved in this amazing project!

Last edited:
1. No. The kit should automatically boot the last game loaded. Not sure what is causing your issue.

2. The kit doesn't have anything to do with controls so there must be something wrong with your setup. Check your JAMMA edge and the grounds to your 1 player controls.

Thanks for your help Mitsurugi.
Control problems solved, it was a ground as you mentioned.

I've installed the kit on a B board that had been suicided for a couple of years running with a Phoenix SFZ3. So just to make sure I shorted EXC5 in order to discard that of being the issue that prevents me to boot the last loaded game. But as expected, it didn't help.
If you think of anything else that I could try, please let me know.

I had the same thing when using a crappy micro SD, try using another one, preferrably a Sandisk one.

Thanks Sp33dFr34k, that was it. I got a new Kingston SDC4 8GB card (someone mentioned that card as working on AO) and the problem was solved!

It's been mentioned all over the forum, but yes, SD cards seem to often be the source of problems.

It's been mentioned all over the forum, but yes, SD cards seem to often be the source of problems.
To be fair, it's not just this. They're a source of problems on a /lot/ of things. Modded 3DS's, flash carts, etc. I've seen issues in cellphones too. Buying bad/slow SD cards can cause problems. And there seems to be a lot of incompatibility between different brand cards and different brands of hardware. Samsung's worked on 90% of things I've purchased, and generally recommend them.

To be fair, it's not just this. They're a source of problems on a /lot/ of things. Modded 3DS's, flash carts, etc. I've seen issues in cellphones too. Buying bad/slow SD cards can cause problems. And there seems to be a lot of incompatibility between different brand cards and different brands of hardware. Samsung's worked on 90% of things I've purchased, and generally recommend them.
For me, it's kingston. Have their SD cards working on my Raspberry Pi, everdrives, CPS2 multicart and all work perfect.

Back