What's new

KBMAN

Beginner
Reaction score
A little OT, but not really...and my first post ;). I actually own an F-Zero AX machine, and I’m wondering if it would be an easy swap to the Triforce game, “Initial D”, given I have the GD-Rom and possibly the security chip...I would think the controls wouldn’t be too much different, and I don’t expect force feedback or chair rotation to happen (that would be a bonus though!)
..Im just wondering if it’s at all possible! Anyone tried this? Or just know’ if it would work?

Pretty sure Initial D games that are on GD-ROM are for Naomi 2, there is no Triforce version...

Maybe the controls are compatible with a Naomi 2?

That would be great to know! This Is a good question, and since there’s only around 150 f-zero machines ever made, it makes this question even better.

its possible but the hardest part is to rewire the pedals and boost buttons as well as Yar, Yaw and Roll. The original handle moves up and down as well as back and fourth.

I wired my single homemade monster cab to run about 12 games but there are several switches and plugs that need to be swapped each time a game is changed.

its possible but the hardest part is to rewire the pedals and boost buttons as well as Yar, Yaw and Roll. The original handle moves up and down as well as back and fourth.

I wired my single homemade monster cab to run about 12 games but there are several switches and plugs that need to be swapped each time a game is changed.
could you give me some other info on this?
Any pics?
:)

could you give me some other info on this?Any pics?
:)
As for my set up on F-zero I had to put in a switch panel that would flip most of the controls backwards. On every other one of my Sega Lindberg, Naomi, Chihiro, even Mario Kart GP, the controls work really well without any trouble. Just need to run multiple wires to the input connector (which is basically full) for the JVS I/O.

The problem with F-Zero I found is that it needs several sets of pots, roll, yaw, accel, left right, Soo many. The pins aren't really shared by any if the other games so I had to spend a ton of time rewiring to accomodate the set up. I actually have 2 sets of driving pedals (one set is specifically dedicated to just F-Zero)

I recommend if you put this in a cab, you should make it a dedicated one or enjoy the rewiring nightmare lol. 8o I wouldn't do it again :whistling:

Back