What's new

Joeybagadonuts

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't found much about this board. Have you guys ever heard of a daughter board on a wolf unit? I won the auction and I'm looking forward to checking it out. Prototype maybe?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190603-080445_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190603-080445_eBay.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 301
No idea, but if you won it for that price you got a deal.

Let us know what it is when you get it.

Is that similar to what they did with the MK2 before bigger EPROMS came along? but yeah looks like you got a bargain

I ended up picking it up for $202.50. Little more than I wanted to spend but I had to take a look in person.

That is interested; I have not seen a Wolf Unit pcb with a rom adapter board like that. But checking out all the auction photos its running one of the early rom versions (v1.00) which can be found in MAME. But it is possible it might be different and a very early version :)

Interesting that the daughter board is a totally different colour to the main board too. Plus there's a wire on one of the PALs

Maybe a location test unit? Especially given the number 7 is printed on all the EPROM labels?

Very cool pickup regardless!

Would be cool to see the version number in the test menus. 27c8xx chips were around back when mk3 was released so no real reason to use a daughter care like this unless developing..

We expect a full spread of photos of this bastard Wolf child ;)
These Wolf Units interest me greatly.

Back