What's new

deuceduzit

Student
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this system? I just got my hands on a system with Tekken 7 FR and the videocard or hard drive seem to be going out. I get occasional freezing lockups. Is there a way to backup these drives into another or replacing the videocard? My concern is the security the system has.

Edit 06/21/19 - I do not want to know of any exploit. If anyone can just point me in what can or cannot be done without killing my system would be great. I am tempted to hook up the drive to my PC and run diagnostic but heard it may suicide the hard drive? Again, I'm not looking for any type of exploit, just want to know what is safe vs not safe to do. If I install a new videocard and it doesn't work will it kill off anything and will it still work if I just swap the original card back in? I guess my main concern is will the Namco security on these system brick anything if I replace any piece of hardware.

Update 6/20/19 - Great news, I took the videocard out and repaste it. It needed it baaadddd... The paste was dried up and was causing overheat. It seem to have fixed my artifacts issue but freezing is still happening probably due to the hard drive slowly dying. Hopefully someone can figure out how to clone the HD and make it work before it dies. In the meantime I think I'm going to keep the playing time down to a minimum to avoid any premature death of the system prior to anyone figuring out how to clone the drive.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if the HDD is dying. It's not that old. Have you applied new solder paste to the CPU and GPU and unclogged the fans?

You could check the drive with some diagnostic software? I wouldn't do it under Windows though unless you know how to make sure it's read only.

This system is too new and it's being sold and supported by Namco. We are ok with providing basic information like @nem did about where to look for, but we won't allow to provide ways to bypass the protections and such information will be deleted as soon as we notice.
@Mitsurugi-w @brizzo

@Darksoft understood, revised original thread. Not looking for any exploit. Just more info on what is safe on these systems.

@nem Yes, I actually took it all apart and re-applied new paste to both CPU and GPU.

As for checking the drive, is there any safe way to do it? Hopefully not breaking rules but I read somewhere that if I hook it up to a regular windows machine it could possibly brick the drive or something? Not looking for any type of exploit. Just trying to save my system from death.

Last edited:
Hi, just digging this up as I also worried about one of our systems.
I started to get BitLocker messages which made my heart stop but in Japanese, this is an Namco System ES3 that play's Lost Land Adventure, not new but purchased from second user.
I opened up the computer area and found the dongle light off, discovered that the dongle was not fully inserted.

Watching it boot made it seems to visit the dongle and then light goes off, so I presumed it was getting an Encryption key and Wiki indicates that this is a protection: HASP HL Max USB dongle, Windows BitLocker

I just hope things are reliabile from now on, I had about month of success but since the virus the machine has been off, we now getting back at it and I kept thinking, how do I even think of backups, I suspect no recovery CD's either.

Hoping we will never need to fix it :/

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 12.39.47 copy.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 12.39.47 copy.png
    557.1 KB · Views: 174
If it crashes we can make it work again :) but like the mods are saying let’s leave it with that ... :)

Greets

Hi,

Yes ES3 system are locked on hardware configuration and any PCR value change will prevent from booting. This means you can't replace graphic card, HDD, motherboard...
It also means you can't backup your HDD to replace it with another one. As the HDD changes, it will prevent boot. What you can do is backup your HDD (or make an image) and overwrite on the original HDD - it will still work. But if your original HDD failed, you're doomed.

The HASP usb dongle won't prevent boot but will prevent game launch.

I don't know if Namco still offer any repair service but waht i know is that it was very expensive (i heard of more than 1k€) because of shipping to UK then Japan. You can also call for "unofficial" repair service, they are generally faster and cheaper but are forbidden here as the system is still considered as active.

No you CAN use a diff harddrive with a patched version and use your original dongle. That’s all I can say About it here...

No you CAN use a diff harddrive with a patched version and use your original dongle. That’s all I can say About it here...
Yes of course, with a modified (more unlocked than modified) software you can do whatever you want: change HDD, graphic card..

please don't disclose any information about how to circumvent security or anything in that direction.

Thanks.

thank you your replies.. i been again to start her up,.. she started but noticed it wasn\t finishing the boot sequence and it was saying FAILED on security (second line) in the script window that comes up (power shell i think)

Rebooted and it came up.

I reported back, I think we gonna have to get the most from it and find it a new home soon. I so much prefer systems with simplier configurations.

Back