What's new

Yippikaye

Professional
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a problem with a CPS3 mother board that I bought as faulty from a friend.
He told me that he used to palay Street 3.3 with it and suddenly it stoped working (black screen).
I did a test with the sh cartridge and my working setup (SIMMs with SF3 2nd impact installed) and here some picturs:

DSC_0228.JPG
DSC_0243.JPG
DSC_0244.JPG

And here some pictures from the CPS3 mother board:

DSC_0230.JPG
DSC_0235.JPG

I don't know what is this small PCB ?( (is this some kind of modding?)
I would like to bring this board to life

Thanks in advance for your help :whistling:

Attachments

• DSC_0233.JPG
    DSC_0233.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC_0234.JPG
    DSC_0234.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC_0242.JPG
    DSC_0242.JPG
    382.3 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_0245.JPG
    DSC_0245.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC_0237.JPG
    DSC_0237.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 248
The mod is a factory Capcom mod. Make sure all of the wires are still soldered down to the pcb. I have had some come loose and the pcb will not work correctly without it installed.

The mod is a factory Capcom mod. Make sure all of the wires are still soldered down to the pcb. I have had some come loose and the pcb will not work correctly without it installed.
Ok, I'll start by checking continuity ;)

And what about the graphical isssues ?! Do you think that it can be related to this mod ?

Yes it could. But I also have a stack of pcbs with GFX issues here not relate to the mod.

Hi there,
What does mean "SS RAM" ?
I Think that I have a "NG" while testing
I also have NG for the SIMMs number 1 and 2 then OK for 3, 4, 5 and 6 (the simms come from a working CPS3 system)
Let me know if you need some pitures ;) and thanks in advance for the help provided

I was wondering about this repair/mod as the CPS3 board I bought has the same thing.
So all OK if it is a factory mod and everything works :)

But on my board there is another repair on the bottom side of the cartridge slot, anyone seen this before?
Repair or factory mod?

ggin6956.jpg

I've seen it before and I think it is factory. The glue holding the wires down is definitely the same for both mods.

Back