What's new

Matsubuya

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've just tried hooking my cps2 board up with a new jamma harness for the first time and the video is flickering. The sound works and I can see the game is running. I'm using a CGA monitor that was working with another board last night.
Any idea what would be causing this?

Thanks!

Have you got a video you can post if the issue? Sounds more likely to be a monitor or harness issue than a board issue

I'm very new to the arcade scene so I'm not sure what you mean... I'll do some googling though! Thanks

I noticed that its a wei-ya chassis. Is the the original tube or was it swapped?

There is an adjustment dial either on the monitor mainboard in the back, or on a small breakout board that will be attached to the monitor circuit board.

As @xodaraP mentioned - this is just a Vhold (vertical hold issue) - you just need to adjust it so that the screen stops rolling. Very common for boards to all be set slightly different and to have to adjust this when you put in a new board.

Below are two examples of different breakout boards. If you don't have a breakout board there will be similar looking pots (potentiometers) on the main board, usually in the back with lettering on the mainboard.

wells-gardner-arcade-monitor-remote_1_986bdcf7db7b09998bb2644f5c763877.jpg
k7000-remote-board.jpg

Matt

Back