What's new

Psyko-M1

Champion
Reaction score
I received a Blitz 2000 Seattle board not too long ago, and noticed the color seemed off after firing it up.
The board plays perfectly fine, but there seemed to be something off with the color.
On screen colors seem to have some color-based artifacting like something is not getting adequate voltage.
Looking at the board, I noticed this along the 5V line.

Well that doesn't seem right...
C423.JPG

Further inspection I noticed this surface mount ceramic capacitor looks like it cooked off at some point in it's existence.
Looking for Midway Seattle schematics online has been not easy/nin existent, so I figured I'd start here.
I'm assuming the sister ceramics that didn't cook off are the same ones, but I'm unsure of where to find a replacement.

No, that's not burnt toast.
index.php

Non cooked off caps look like this. I'm looking for this lil "Spongebob"
Tantalumn I presume????
C422.JPG

I get it's a Surface Mount cap capacitor with 10u, but I'm unsure of exact voltage that's required for a replacement. (assuming its 5V here)
If anybody has a broken down Seattle board, I'd be willing to toss you cash for it.
Or if somebody could desolder a couple from their busted spare and send it along, I'll buy you a 12 pack of beers.
OR if anybody is familiar with this little cap and knows of a replacement online I can order from, that would be best.
(I'll still compensate you for your help)

Thanks everybody for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• C421.JPG
    C421.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Z0z4o8U_d.jpg

10uf 16v I’d guess. I don’t know what the package is called but since it’s the same value as everything else in the area I’ll just take em all off for ya

Back