What's new

bytestorm

Professional
Reaction score
Thanks for makin such a great tool Trap15! Unfortunately 1 of my motherboards still dont wanna flash.

This motherboard just gives me "Hardware error 82".

Its a JAP motherboard, and I have tried reflashing with a JAP Raiden Fighters 1 cart = "Hardware error 82" upon boot.

I then desoldered the flash holding motherboard region, read it, and its JAP region, but to try, I reflashed it to be USA region instead and took my Raiden Fighters 1 USA cart and tried, but still this dreaded "Hardware error 82".

Now I took my JAP Raiden Fighters cart and burned the 4 new patched roms from the RDFTJ set.
And after choosing Japan region it greets me with a red "Flashing failed".

I have reflowed all customs and plcc, smt ram... still "Hardware error 82". Cant find any broken traces (visible) anywhere and cant really find any strange things going on when scoping the boards either, but then again, I am not really sure how the flashing works, and which components that are involved.

Any ideas? Anyone familiar with how the flashing process when jumpered correctly at boot works?

20190613_211218.jpg

Attachments

• 20190613_212115.jpg
    20190613_212115.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Nobody? ;(

I am thinking if I know which ROM from the CART its reading from at the flashing process, I might be able to narrow it down a bit.. Could possibly be an addressing/reading problem from that single rom? Maybe a broken trace to the connector that I cant see?

Nah, thats not it, since its actually reads and displays the CART region... its the motherboard region thats the problem to read! (and write) grrr

I have reached out to trap15 also and he might find his original notes when he made the tool hopefully.

Last edited:
Back