What's new

yuro

Student
Reaction score
IMG_3320.jpg

Guys, I got to thinking...

If I plug my control panel (joystick and buttons) into the Fast IO and then using the JAMMA edge to plug into a Jammafier (to convert JAMMA > JVS), and then connect to the JVSPAC2 to allow me to control things on a PC.

This is really just for inputs. Sound and Video would be direct connections from the PC to the amp and monitor.

The goal is not mess with the original Vewlix wiring and try and use these bits and bobs to be able to use FAST IO for TTX2/TTX3 and then quickly adapt to PC use, by jest selecting a different input on the monitor.

I have not powered this up. Wanted to ask you guys first.

1. I would power this up via the P1 cable on FAST IO. Power should flow to and power up the Jammafier. Right way to do that? P1 gives; +12V, +12V, GND, GND.
2. Which kick harness to get to go from the K91X1204A "B" connector to the HAS kick harness on the Jammafier? Is this even a kick harness?!
3. Would this even work? Brain says yes, it should.

Thank you @invzim for all your toys you create!

Last edited:
1. With the Fast IO plugged into the Jammafier(or a real JAMMA machine), the FastIO will get power through the JAMMA edge. However, you will not be able to do the reverse (powering the Jammafier with the FastIO). IIRC the Jammafier relies on 3.3V to run. You will need to find a way to power the Jammafier first.

2. Connector B is a kick harness but I couldn't probe button 6 for P1 or P2, only buttons 4 and 5 (along with some pins for GND and +5V). I tried changing dip switches but couldn't figure it out, though I didn't play with it too much. The rest of the pinout matched Sega's 14-pin IO kick harness if I recall.
I have not tried the 60-pin inputs while connected to a Jammafier but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I seem to remember the inputs on the 60-pin being tied to the JAMMA edge when I probed them.

3. It will work, as long as you find a way to power the Jammafier. No it won't. See Edit 2

As for whether or not it's worth it, I say no.
I was going to do what you're describing for my Vewlix but decided against it.
I just ended up converting to JVS with a Sega 837-14572 IO instead. This is much more "normal" and flexible in my opinion despite having to rewire things. Best option is to find a Taito JVS IO but they're stupidly overpriced. The cheaper Sega IOs more than make up for the hassle of having to rewire your cab or reconfigure your harness.

Edit: Regarding rewiring - You can do things the easy way or the hard way with a Sega IO.
Option 1 is to repin your Taito 60 pin harness to match the Sega IO's 60 pin, then cut notches in the IO's 60-pin connector housing (or grind down the key tabs on the Taito harness) to get it to fit. This is the easy method.
Option 2 is to completely rewire everything. I went with option 2, but both will work.

Edit 2: Noticed a flaw in the Logic here. The JVS-PAC acts like a JVS "game". Same with the Jammafier. You need a JVS IO.

Last edited:
Not enough coffee yet - but nonono :)

In the picture you have connected the JVS-PAC 2 to the aux power USB port of the Jammafier, also in the picture none of the devices get JVS - so they won't do anything useful until they do.

Don’t think this will work at all, you are trying to use both the Jammafier and Fast IO in the opposite direction of how they should be used.

So to get this straight, you have a Vewlix with Fast IO and want to connect to a PC?
I see 2 options here:

1. Get a JVS IO and connect via the JVSPAC to PC
2. Get a TTX3 Fast IO card and install that in your PC

Don’t think this will work at all, you are trying to use both the Jammafier and Fast IO in the opposite direction of how they should be used.

So to get this straight, you have a Vewlix with Fast IO and want to connect to a PC?
I see 2 options here:

1. Get a JVS IO and connect via the JVSPAC to PC
2. Get a TTX3 Fast IO card and install that in your PC
This, however you dont Nesscairly needa jvs pac, you can directly connect a jvs to a pc as long as you have a com port. then turn it into a keyboard with nikos tools.

2. Is easier and ttx3 are getting cheaper so getting one won't be too difficult

Back