MegaSD - FPGA SegaCD in a cart

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jassin000 wrote:

Yes thank you @rewrite for pointing this out... Everyone who has reviewed this thing, right down to the marketing campaign behind it states this is an ODE...That is NOT correct, never has been correct, and IS in fact misleading to potential consumers.

If @FirebrandX can't see that, maybe his eyes have finally melted from providing us with all thos kickass OSSC/xRGB mini settings. :rolleyes:
      DUDE! I never said one way or another what the device was, WTF is your problem? What do you mean "if @FirebrandX can't see that"? I don't care what the hell you want to call it, nor am I taking issue with what it technically is. I simply don't care one way or the other.

I don't think I'm going to respond to this thread any more because it's seriously starting to piss me off all these BS remarks directed at me.
    • FirebrandX wrote:

I just think there's too much football team-style fanboy trash-talking going on in this thread. I can understand bitching about a product that sucks, but what's going on here is a smear campaign.
      I was referencing that specifically.
      Aka NOT a smear campaign, a legitimate complaint about the marking and claims behind this device.
      Darksoft: CPS3, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3
      invzim: Jammafier v1.6b
      XianXi: JNX Raiden, SC Taito Classic, SC Sega System 16/24
      Frank_fjs: JAMMA Extender (Special Edition)
    • @FirebrandX

I think you are taking this too personal and focusing only on negative things being said.

Please stay cool and stay in this thread.

I genuinely wish you could talk more about the device than what people say about it.

We know nothing about it we are just speculating no one tested it here. We are just reacting to a marketing campagin saying "buy me i'm awesome" we didn't even know about it's existence just some weeks ago.

You are probably the best person who can speak about it so imho you are very welcome to share your experience and opinions on it.

I wish I could know more about it's functions and how it works even if for the moment I don't feel the appeal for it. I have my reasons.

For example I'm curious to know how much part is fpga emulation. How much or the megadrive's hardware is interacting with the MegaSD ? Is it really using all the real hardware or is it completely emulating the whole thing including the megadrive and using only the i/o ? Just curious about these things.

Also how would you compare it to a Mister or software emulation in terms of accuracy ? From what I understood FPGA if not mastered can be worse than software emulation.

Feel free to discuss here like you do in other forums if you don't want to answer anymore It's up to you I can respect it.

I'm here to learn and share probably not to thrash other's work. We talk with the information we have we didn't play with it and lot of us need more arguments before buying. If you want to share some here you are welcome to do it.

If you focus on the negative lines here it's just the wrong way to talk about the device imho.
      Any Multi MVS bug ? Before asking delete BUFF FILE on the SD card and Reset NVRAM procedure : Power on without cart, Press Start multiple times until it asks to press ABC + Start, Do it, Power off > Done

The post was edited 2 times, last by archimage ().

• New

^that^ hopefully they don’t bill ya.

Also, I got to try out the megasd this weekend at the Brooklyn Videogame booth at the LI retro gaming expo. It works for what it does and it’s the only alternative if you don’t want to deal with the original hardware. But, it still feels weird to use it, it looks like one of those overgrown cartridge backup devices from back in the day. But yeah, it seems to work fine and you play Sega CD games so....I guess it will come down to how good it is at emulating the real hardware, how the customer support is, and of course price.
    • New

krisk77 wrote:

Swisstoni69 wrote:

Just got mine £55 customs charge to the UK FFS! Last thing I will be ordering from them.
      Strange. I'm UK based and received minelast Thursday and didn't pay no customs charge. DHL driver just passed over the package and then I signed for it.
      I have that too sometimes. But a week later I get the invoice by letter ;(
    • New

waiwainl wrote:

krisk77 wrote:

Swisstoni69 wrote:

Just got mine £55 customs charge to the UK FFS! Last thing I will be ordering from them.
      Strange. I'm UK based and received minelast Thursday and didn't pay no customs charge. DHL driver just passed over the package and then I signed for it.
      I have that too sometimes. But a week later I get the invoice by letter ;(
      I had this too, it's a trick to avoid refusal
      Any Multi MVS bug ? Before asking delete BUFF FILE on the SD card and Reset NVRAM procedure : Power on without cart, Press Start multiple times until it asks to press ABC + Start, Do it, Power off > Done