MegaSD - FPGA SegaCD in a cart

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @rewrite it feels like you are deliberately misunderstanding my point. I'm CLEARLY not suggesting that people in this thread should be bashing Krikzz because his old designs had flaws that have since been corrected. My issue is that there are people currently pushing the idea that the 3.3v issue wasn't a real problem and was just some sort of smear campaign by some retro gaming personalities to gain clout on social media. It may have been a bit hysterical, but it wasn't a non issue, and attitude that says the 3.3v problem wasn't actually a big deal is the same attitude that is going to allow the similar corners to get cut in the future.
      plus ça change,
      plus c'est la même chose,
      The more that things change,
      The more they stay the same.- RUSH- Circumstances
    • My opinion on TO. I always strive to have the best I can afford, almost to the point of regardless of cost because I am not rich enough to be cheap as I can afford to replace if it fails/doesnt perform as advertised, etc.. Also, customer service is a big deal for me, so if you are shitty in the way you handle clients, thats a red flag for me. Either get someone to properly handle your clients for you or sell to distributors and let them deal with clients/end sales.

I dont own TO products, because I just dont want to deal with BS customer service. Plus they had really nasty smear campaigns of other people's products that competed with theirs, wtf is that? No need to put anyone down, if you have the superior product people will know.

Im just happy that we have such an amazing, talented, passionate and skilled people on this forum that create wonderful "proper" products for this hobby :thumbsup:
    • No, you're just not very clear at all.

You're talking about how there are so many people being dismissive of it, but there's been only one person who had alluded to it being a non-issue, not "people currently pushing the idea that 3.3v wasn't a real problem....etc". One dude. And then what, two people agreeing that no one has had their system damaged from the improper original Everdrives? That's hardly people pushing an idea...
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.
    • rewrite wrote:

No, you're just not very clear at all.

You're talking about how there are so many people being dismissive of it, but there's been only one person who had alluded to it being a non-issue, not "people currently pushing the idea that 3.3v wasn't a real problem....etc". One dude. And then what, two people agreeing that no one has had their system damaged from the improper original Everdrives? That's hardly people pushing an idea...
      I don't want to keep arguing with you because it's clear that you are going to keep misunderstanding me no matter what I say. I have no idea what about my posts rub you the wrong way but that seems to be the case based on the couple of interactions we've had on this forum so far.

All I did was read the last couple of pages of this thread and picked up a vibe from several posters here that the 3.3v issue, the ENIG contacts, and the non beveled edge were actually non issues that were blown out of proportion by the social media crowd. I find that attitude concerning because these are real issues that consumers should be aware of, and I wanted to hear a response from those people. That's why I posed the question in this thread where the discussion was happening. I wasn't accusing anyone outside of this thread of holding this opinion. You seem to be taking my question as some sort of personal insult, which I assure you is not the case.
      plus ça change,
    • Please keep it polite and no personal attacks or we delete posts.

It's clear that when there is an issue, some people have a certain attitude about it and fix it while others simply don't care for their customers....

Jeez, moving to Andorra so that they don't pay taxes sounds fantastic! Except if you forget telling your customers who end up paying what you saved... I never saw that before...
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • At no point have I viewed anything you've said as a personal attack.

I never suggested that we were talking about anything other than this thread. You said many posters, but there was only one in this thread.

I agree we should just move on. For some reason you and I rub one another the wrong way. Maybe we just communicate so incredibly differently that it's not going to work out. But telling people that that choosing to misunderstand you is a bit of a jerk thing to say, maybe lay off that one in the future and we will have more productive attempts at conversation.
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.
    • Understood. I think part of our problem is our respective use of exaggerated terms when writing. For example I said "so many" when I was only referring to 2-4 people. In your response you said "no one" when there were only a few people talking about it. These two opposing viewpoints on the topic lead to further misunderstandings.

I apologize for saying that I felt like you were deliberately misunderstanding me. From my perspective you were missing my point hard, and I couldn't figure out why. I have no desire to cause problems here so I'll try to be more generous in my responses in the future.

Carry on folks!
      plus ça change,
    • Arthrimus wrote:

Understood. I think part of our problem is our respective use of exaggerated terms when writing. For example I said "so many" when I was only referring to 2-4 people. In your response you said "no one" when there were only a few people talking about it. These two opposing viewpoints on the topic lead to further misunderstandings.
      I think this is a lot of it, yes. I also apologize for my part in our argument. Hopefully we can do better moving forward!
    • TO is like IT or something, lurking in the background working us into a frenzy until we turn on one another. :P

Seriously tho @Arthrimus it was @djsheep not people, and if you read what he really said...
      He wasn't so much being dismissive of the 3.3v issue, as saying the "retro police" blew it out of proportion.

The fantastic point you made, and I agree 100%... These are premium priced devices, so a reasonable person would expect premium quality...
      And you know not just quality, in a niche hobby like ours you also need actual custom service/support.

I also agree with @rewrite , @RetroRGB hasn't sold out, he paid for his MegaSD!
      It was not a gift for his silence/compliance, we know this for a fact.
      I believe he is honestly trying to move forward and he believes TO has turned a corner (he's really is a good guy/with a good heart, so this is no surprise after all).

I'm not so quick to forgive, and I certainly never forget.
      Krizz has shown himself to be respectable/quality member of our scene at every turn, I will reward his attitude/efforts with my loyalty (even tho I wanted a true ODE).
      Darksoft: CPS3, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3
      invzim: Jammafier v1.6b
      XianXi: JNX Raiden, SC Taito Classic, SC Sega System 16/24
      Frank_fjs: JAMMA Extender (Special Edition)

The post was edited 2 times, last by jassin000 ().

• Darksoft wrote:

I had a nice talk with krikzz, just to give you an idea of what Terraonion stands for: "i already had feels that terraonion playing dirty game, they dropped bunch of shit on me in twitter, they comes on my forum to talk about their products and so on. No one of my competitors doing thing like that."

Just for some context, I'm the one that posted on his forum. A grand total of 4 times. Someone pointed out the release of our MegaSD and had some questions and there was a few misconceptions. All of my posts revolved around game saves.

As a matter of fact, my first post:

I'm not here to promote our stuff, but will answer some questions and correct some misconceptions.

As far as the twitter stuff goes, I have nothing to do with that. However I did find it amusing when he claimed he was going to add CD support to the X7 the day after MegaSD was announced.
    • kazuo wrote:

Looks like this still won't work on a CDX, though.
      Really? You can rewire the cart port on a Genesis 3 (VA1 only) to support 32x... I'm kind of shocked you can't do something like this on CDX.
      Even the VA2 Genesis 3 can support MegaSD with a few jumps (but can't ever support 32x).
      Darksoft: CPS3, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3
      invzim: Jammafier v1.6b
      XianXi: JNX Raiden, SC Taito Classic, SC Sega System 16/24
      Frank_fjs: JAMMA Extender (Special Edition)
    • jassin000 wrote:

kazuo wrote:

Looks like this still won't work on a CDX, though.
      Really? You can rewire the cart port on a Genesis 3 (VA1 only) to support 32x... I'm kind of shocked you can't do something like this on CDX.Even the VA2 Genesis 3 can support MegaSD with a few jumps (but can't ever support 32x).

The MegaSD won't work on the CDX due to bus conflicts with the built in CD unit. Same thing with X'Eye and WonderMega.

There is no way to work around that via the cart slot/firmware trickery.

It hasn't been tested yet, but you would need to completely disable the cd mech and bios.