What's new

VxD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few bare Taito X3 motherboard + Fast IO PCIe card sets popping up on Yahoo! Auction recently (such as https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k386767612)
If I were to snatch a set (and a Fast IO PCB), would I be able to add an Intel CPU, some RAM, an AMD GPU and use it as a normal Windows PC with MAME? With the proper disk image, would it behave like a real X3 system?

Thanks, and sorry for the silly question!

Last edited:
that's what I'm trying to do...

I picked up a P&D TTX3 for 3000 YEN and sea freighted it back to the UK.

Stripped it down, cleaned it out thoroughly, replaced the case & psu fans for nice quiet ones, installed a matx motherboard with i7 3.4Ghz and 16Gb ram in place if the TTX3 motherboard, stuck the original video card back in and setup windows 7 & MAME on it.

Until someone can upload windows 7 drivers for the taito fastio / jvs card I'm using a jvspac2 for controls but ultimately I want to get MAME running with the taito fastio/jvs

The TTX3 motherboard and security cart are sat in an anti-static bag until the system is hacked

Reactions: VxD
TTX motherboard is unusable without matching FastIO card, chip and correctly locked disk.
Or wisdom to remove that.
Also BIOS is very locked down, even after entering the correct administrative password.

32bit drivers for TTX3 fastIO are floating around, they exist.

Thanks ArcadeMachinist for the heads up.
It seems like the way forward is penrhos' here: source a X3 for parts and replace the motherboard by something easier to work with.

It seems like the way forward is penrhos' here: source a X3 for parts and replace the motherboard by something easier to work with.
I said this in multiple other threads lol.

To save on shipping you can source FastIO card + chip on YAJ.
There are some listed now.

The multi will work with any motherboard. I've booted it on my Ryzen desktop no issue and my rebuilt X3 is using an Intel 500 series chipset. Only consideration is a COM header for the iDMAC card's JVS support.

It's Win 10 LTSC, it is very forgiving.

The multi will work with any motherboard. I've booted it on my Ryzen desktop no issue and my rebuilt X3 is using an Intel 500 series chipset. Only consideration is a COM header for the iDMAC card's JVS support.

It's Win 10 LTSC, it is very forgiving.
I figured as much. the best part about using a bootlegged distro for the OS is that it is pretty much hardware agnostic, and even then allows you to install drivers once you get to the OS, if you know what you're doing.

The DMAC support is a must for me, so luckily this board had a COM header on it. the CPU power port is a 4 pin, not an 8 pin, so I still need to get an adapter before I can test it out. once it's up, I should be able to edit the POST screen with the default x3 screen:

1657285839340.png

given that the PCIe slots are also placed differently on this board, it created the option of using one of these to house the HDD:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MWDRD6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I've installed it in the far right bay in the case.

I´ve taken a TTX3, doubled the RAM, installed windows 10 and a datapath PCB. The idea is to use it as a analog video capture/streaming computer.

Yeah, if I don't end up selling this X4 I'll end up rebuilding it as a streaming PC.

Back