What's new
Hey,

Just making sure you got my Cap Map ok???

T.

Just recapped my PGM board and a game cart. The solder on the joints was initially tough to suck out due to pads on both side of the board. What really helped was adding quite a bid of solder before sucking it out. I use a Soldapult (Edsyn). Good luck!

Oh duh!

Perfect! Sorry about that! Super appreciated!

Also, really enjoyed the stream last night! Very informative.

Oh duh!

Perfect! Sorry about that! Super appreciated!

Also, really enjoyed the stream last night! Very informative.
Thanks!! The feed went really well!!! I'm so happy about it. I was honored to have SM invite me to his channel ... The only issue is YT has complained about the topless shots in some of the games we re-viewed... It wasn't high res or anything.... So there going to have to be cut out some how :(

T.

I think that's terrible. Stupid YouTube.

There is nothing wrong with topless women. :)

Wondered why the video was removed, so this explains it :D I watched it half way, and was going to see the rest of it but the content was gone ;(

Anyways really informative stuff! Just ordered PGM motherboards and 3 CAVE shmups from nova_sheep for me and my friend after that!

Wondered why the video was removed, so this explains it :D I watched it half way, and was going to see the rest of it but the content was gone ;(

Anyways really informative stuff! Just ordered PGM motherboards and 3 CAVE shmups from nova_sheep for me and my friend after that!
The video i think is being edited.. and will be back :)

T.

I work in Post Production. We have all kinds stuff on our screens.

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but is there a guide somewhere that shows the proper way of upgrading the old battery to a new coin battery?

@djsheep thanks man. So the jamma-x tutorial talks about removing a diode and resistor, but earlier in this thread @GC8TECH mentioned that a diode needed to be added to avoid the board trying to constantly recharge coin battery. So I was a bit confused.

I believe there’s different ways to do the mod. If I have the time on Neo Geo motherboards I actually remove all the components used for the battery charging circuit. The JNX PGM/Neo Geo battery tutorials show you how to do that. It’s the most complete way IMO. You can easily just cut a trace or add components to disable it too though :)

I’d wait for others to chime in before doing yours for a second opinion.

Last edited:
Back