What's new
Here's a top tip. If you plug the jamma connector upside-down in to a PGM, it will kill it.

Second time in my life I've now done it. Atomiswave survived it, PGM didn't.

Here's a top tip. If you plug the jamma connector upside-down in to a PGM, it will kill it.

Second time in my life I've now done it. Atomiswave survived it, PGM didn't.
Not possible, it's keyed.
Then if you have removed the key best advice is to put it back. Saved my ass many times when working on boards at 3am in the morning. :D

I don't have a single key in any of my cabs.

I probably should.

I don't have a single key in any of my cabs.

I probably should.
You should, I have keyed all my harnessen, adapters, fingerboards etc...

Even took out the Dremel once to create a key in a bootleg board that didn’t have one :D

It’s the worst place they could have placed the cap. So easy to rip out when the carts are jammed in there tight. I take extra precaution knowing now... I’m unsure what the cap does? Power filtering?
Yep its just power filtering.. hence why its close to the Jamma finger....

T.

Thanks again for this GC8Tech! Very helpful, recently pulled the trigger on a motherboard. Verified the cap will be in that position but how do you know specifically which rev # it is? Is it printed somewhere? I didn't watch your entire vid yet..

Also, what voltage does the motherboard run at?

Last edited:
Thanks again for this GC8Tech! Very helpful, recently pulled the trigger on a motherboard. Verified the cap will be in that position but how do you know specifically which rev # it is? Is it printed somewhere? I didn't watch your entire vid yet..

Also, what voltage does the motherboard run at?
Watch the whole video... its all there including were to look for the "revision" number....

+5V is fine.. It's not very fussy on the +5V.

Awesome, I have a few different rev motherboards including the 14. But yeah, need to get that cap replaced, maybe one with a lower profile.

Ill replace the e-caps on the motherboard. Are there e-caps on the game carts too?

Ill replace the e-caps on the motherboard. Are there e-caps on the game carts too?
Electrolytic Caps?? Yes there is a coupe of caps in the carts, But I've not had them leak.. so that's a good thing. If you look at the scans on my web page.. you will be able to see the caps on the carts.

T.

I jumped on the recent PGM hype train. My v14 mobo and KoV+ cart came in the mail today. I plugged everything together with my HAS and PVM. The result? Garbled graphics. My first thought was to clean the mobo JAMMA edge and the game cart contacts. Again, I was rewarded with graphical glitches.

Turns out I managed to dislodge the cartridge slot inserting the game. After removing and reseating the slot I carefully inserted the game cart and it worked great.

I need to replace the dial taper pot for volume (B1K), but I cannot find any compatible spare with the same space between 3 pins.

Any suggestions to where to find it?

Thanks.

I need to replace the dial taper pot for volume (B1K), but I cannot find any compatible spare with the same space between 3 pins.

Any suggestions to where to find it?

Thanks.
I have looked as well and not found any drop in replacements...You may just have to pop in a vertical 1K pot... And adjust it with a screw driver etc...

T.

I jumped on the recent PGM hype train. My v14 mobo and KoV+ cart came in the mail today. I plugged everything together with my HAS and PVM. The result? Garbled graphics. My first thought was to clean the mobo JAMMA edge and the game cart contacts. Again, I was rewarded with graphical glitches.

Turns out I managed to dislodge the cartridge slot inserting the game. After removing and reseating the slot I carefully inserted the game cart and it worked great.
Hmm, I have this exact same problem with my Espgaluda cart, garbled graphics. Cleaned the contacts, everything seems to be seated correctly though..

Ketsui seems to be working fine.

Last edited:
Did you check the actual cart itself? I had this happen, guessing it got knocked about in transit and dislodged the PCBs inside the cart. I disassbled the cart, realigned the PCBs and it worked fine after that.

I checked the cart - both boards are in the correct position, cleaned contacts, reseated a bunch of times. Cleaned motherboard contacts, reseated the receiving socket, cleaned those contacts, blew with canned air, same issue. It's a problem with the espgaluga cart itself but Sheep is taking care of it.

I've also confirmed the Ketsui freeplay doesn't work (dip #4) and another member here has the same issue with his. But the game does play fine.

You should, I have keyed all my harnessen, adapters, fingerboards etc...

Even took out the Dremel once to create a key in a bootleg board that didn’t have one
I do the same...

every JAMMA harness I've got without a key gets one before it's used, and the 2-3 bootleg boards I've had got key slots cut with the dremmel.

Back