What's new

Scillianaire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im super confused about what's up with my taito type X2. I have tried 480p and 720p. I've tried messing with the remote board and 15k vs 31k. I've tried different dvi to vga converters. I cannot get this shit to display properly. I've tried both dvi ports. I've tried vga into the monitor. I've tried it into the Capcom io. I've tried cleaning the jamma connection. Im at a loss. Let me know if you guys have an ideas.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9RhoanX

9RhoanX
This is all running on a blast btw.

X2 needs to be set to 480p.

The remote board set to 31k.

Though just to make sure that the X2 works, set it to 720p and plug it into a TV or PC monitor.

does it work in 720p mode (dip2 on) into a TV or PC monitor?

Does your Blast work with other 31khz sources through jamma or vga?

this is what worked on mine when I tried that.

1..set monitor board to 31khz
2..set TTX2 to 31 kHz
3..connect the TTX2 on the VGA of the Blastcity monitor
4.. power cycle the blast a few times because the monitor seem to have issue directing 31khz right away. Not sure why..

2..set TTX2 to 31 kHz
4.. power cycle the blast a few times because the monitor seem to have issue directing 31khz right away. Not sure why..

How do you power cycle? And how do you set the TTX2 to 31k? Everything else I'm doing.

2..set TTX2 to 31 kHz
How do you power cycle? And how do you set the TTX2 to 31k? Everything else I'm doing.
480p/31k are interchangeable terms here. So set it to 480p.

imgur.com/gallery/vv6WxDEV

It worked on another monitor so I'm super confused
For some reason that link didn't work for me, but I'm sure it's just a picture of it working on a tv or something... was the taito x2 set to 480p / 31khz? We're just trying to eliminate variables for you here. If the Taito x2 works, in 480p, on another monitor, then at least we know the x2 is outputting 480p and we can move on to troubleshooting the blast.

So the next thing to do is grab a PC or a laptop and drag it on over to the blast and set your video output to 640*480 and the Blast monitor to 31k and see if you get an image.

So the next thing to do is grab a PC or a laptop and drag it on over to the blast and set your video output to 640*480 and the Blast monitor to 31k and see if you get an image.
It works on a separate monitor. Maybe the monitor isn't switching to 31? or maybe 31 doesn't work on the monitor. Any suggestions considering its an ms2930?

It works on a separate monitor. Maybe the monitor isn't switching to 31? or maybe 31 doesn't work on the monitor. Any suggestions considering its an ms2930?
Link didn’t work...

Anyway if your x2 works on another monitor then we put it aside for now. It’s fine.

@rewrite suggests finding another 31k video source to confirm its an issue with the monitor or the wiring to the pc. Grab a laptop or computer and set it to 640x480 (which is basically just what the x2 outputs) and see if it doesn’t show up. We aren’t expecting it to.

Link still does not work, even after the edit.

Link didn’t work...
Anyway if your x2 works on another monitor then we put it aside for now. It’s fine.

@rewrite suggests finding another 31k video source to confirm its an issue with the monitor or the wiring to the pc. Grab a laptop or computer and set it to 640x480 (which is basically just what the x2 outputs) and see if it doesn’t show up. We aren’t expecting it to.
I don't have a computer than can output VGA. I have a Naomi I borrowed to test it but it's not working at all right now. Annoying the thing I borrowed to test with isn't working.

Convergence pots brought the image back. The 3 to the right of the circle made the image appear clearly but the two in the circle weren't doing anything. When I touched them to the wall behind them with my had they made the image amazingly clear but them I did that more and the image went out entirely.

http://imgur.com/gallery/1Dam7BR

There are no pots to adjust convergence. The two in the circle are vertical subsize (? Not sure) and Automatic Brightness Limit. I suggest just leaving them in the middle. The next three ones are for adjusting horizontal hold for the different frequencies: 15khz, 24khz and 31khz. Did you have an image on the screen before you started turning them willy-nilly? It shouldn't go from black to a visible image in my experience. EIther you have an image (a squiggly mess, but a image nonetheless) or you have nothing.

EDIT: touched them to the wall? What do you mean with this? Do you mean you tried rocking the pot back and forth? Could be a cold solder joint if so.

Back