What's new

GeekMan1222

Grand Master
Reaction score
So I got a huge haul of cabs and split it with my buddy for dirt cheap. We will be restoring these and selling some.
The money will go to my new video game modding and repair and sales company I started this year when we get stuff sold.

I have only ever really played with Japanese cabinets but man these big reds are just great.
Me and my buddy will be keeping a MVS cab as a trophy and this will also be his first cab so I will be giving him the 6 slot.

The pick ups: Sega Wave Runner, Time Crisis, MVS 6 slot, MVS 4 slot, MVS 2 slot.

The 2 slot is gonna need the most work out of the Neos the poor thing was literally trashed (filled with trash lol).
On a side note I already made some money back about 20$ in quarters :P

The bad:

The MVS cabs need CPO's , general cosmetics, power suppliers and the 6 slot is missing the glass and monitor. All cabs are missing the EL panels too.
The time crisis is missing the chassis for the 27" zenith tube. When I powered it on to see if I could hear at least the game running it does run and the gun kicks back too winner! But it seemed to start rebooting its self as time went on.
Lastly the Waverunner's projection monitor isn't turning on but its VERY minty and the guy said when he bought it from the warehouse the hydraulics worked but the compressor did not and they hooked it up to show him. Hardly any abuse on that cab which.

The good:
All the MVS came with manuals and all sorts of goodies like the original boards and carts. There is about 11 games in total. There was even 2 copies of flyers for old king of fighters tournament where the winner receives a NeoGeo memory card.
The time crisis is very clean has the topper and seems pretty work able and the gun seems good if not a bit yellowed and moldy
The Wave runner looks VERY good all the art and topper is present and very clean with minimal scratches. If we can get this bad boy up and running and in good hands it can get years of enjoyment again somewhere.

Things seem promising.

Let me know if you guys have any tips or suggestions for tubes and a chassis and a good power supply to pair with the Neo's

I have contemplated converting the standard standup 2 slot into a 4 slot. That is the one we will be selling too so it will get the most attention.
Also if anyone has experience with the Waverunner projection screen or hydraulics that would be great info to have instead of having to reinvent the wheel.

Since the wave runner runner sends RGB to the projection screen with BNC cables I am planning to just hook my PVM up to it to see if the system board is even running right now.

Enjoy the photos boys! Let me know what you think. I wont give a price for what we paid but lets just say you cant pass prices like these up at all.

That is a nice load of greatness. Thanks for searching, driving, and collecting those pieces. Have fun.

Yeah we had so much fun finding and getting these guys.

We're gonna hook my PVM into the waverunner tonight to see if the system board runs right or not. For w/e reason the projection screen does not seem to turn on at the moment

Waverunner is 24khz negative sync. Pretty sure you can't get that to display on a PVM.

Hook up a dual / tri res arcade monitor to it or a GBS-8200 and a LCD.

As for the projection screen not turning on, it's possibly the caps in the power section of the chassis.

Waverunner is 24khz negative sync. Pretty sure you can't get that to display on a PVM.

Hook up a dual / tri res arcade monitor to it or a GBS-8200 and a LCD.

As for the projection screen not turning on, it's possibly the caps in the power section of the chassis.
wtf lol okay we will have to look into that. My buddy actually has a GBS-8200 that he modded already too.

So when we turned the system on and I looked into the Projection Screen the 3 projection tubes didnt seem to be lighting or energizing. I almost feel like I heard the fly back humming ever so slightly but i cant remember exactly now.

The board is very dusty so could just be an over heated component or it got bumped to hard. Either way both me and my friend are no stranger to repairs I am sure we can figure something out hopefully haha.
It could also be something as easy as dried caps as you said. The guy had not turned it on in over 3 years LOL. Just need to start with the easy stuff and go from there haha.

Thanks for the input Nem.

Ill keep everyone posted.

So update. We played around with the wave runner tonight. The PVM did not find the sync signal but we are able to remove the pins from the RGB cable coming from the Model2 and plug them into the GBS. Problem is we dont have a VGA monitor readily available so we will have to pull one out and try tomorrow.

In the mean time, we cleaned up the inside of the Mitsubishi projection monitor. I wish I got pictures but the thing had like 25 years of dust on it it was NASTY. We blew that all out and even the interior behind the fresnel lens.

The projection screen will not fire the 3 crt projector tubes up as I thought. The tv gets power on the front controls where the power light is and you can hear a faint buzz from the fly back. For now we still want to test that the Model2 actually is functioning using a different screen.

Lastly the Jetski when we held it straight had like kicked into place or something on power up and stayed centered a bit. We still need to check out all the air lines and re greasing everything in time.

Also of note the one NeoGeo 2 slot board was disgusting i think a small mouse was eating sunflower seeds inside it. I actually washed that board, soaked the small battery leak area in vinegar and its looking good as new no real corrosion either! We also removed the batteries from all the neo-geo boards.

Attachments

• IMG_20190627_194736481 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190627_194736481 - Copy.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20190627_225217511 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190627_225217511 - Copy.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 151
  • JPEG_20190626_214043 - Copy.jpg
    JPEG_20190626_214043 - Copy.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 163
  • JPEG_20190626_214156 - Copy.jpg
    JPEG_20190626_214156 - Copy.jpg