What's new

FrizzleFried

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does one re-alphabetize games when adding new ones? I've added 3 new games and all 3 show up at the end of the list rather than alphabetically...

I had to format the SD card and re-add the whole content for it to sort alphabetically correctly, else, I had the same issue as you.

I had to format the SD card and re-add the whole content for it to sort alphabetically correctly, else, I had the same issue as you.
This is the case because the way the file format is, when you add a new file to the card, it gets tacked on at the end.

Was wondering exactly the same thing!
Will re-format the card and add all games in 1 bulk :)

Maybe there is a different way to re-organise the content of the SD card :/ (I hope so, in order to not re-format for each new game added to the list)

Maybe there is a different way to re-organise the content of the SD card :/ (I hope so, in order to not re-format for each new game added to the list)
I believe the multicart does not have any code to sort the games alphabetically, therefore they are displayed in the same order that they are saved on the SD card filesystem structure. AFAIK, when Windows adds files to a directory, what it does is: sort the files alphabetically, copies them, saves the file entries to the directory in a sorted way. If you add more files later, it repeats the process, but it does not re-sort the existing files. When you see files all nice on Windows Explorer it's because the GUI did the job of reading all files and displaying them nicely sorted, but they may be a mess in the real file structure.

Hopefully I was clear explaining, English is not my first language.

With all this said, maybe this will help: http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php

Regards.

Last edited:
You need to use a FAT Sorter to sort the games directory.

I believe the multicart does not have any code to sort the games alphabetically, therefore they are displayed in the same order that they are saved on the SD card filesystem structure. AFAIK, when Windows adds files to a directory, whet it does is: sort the files alphabetically, copies them, saves the file entries to the directory in a sorted way. If you add ore files later, it repeats the process, but it does not re-sort existing files. When you see files all nice on Windows Explorer it's because the GUI did the job of reading all files and displaying them nicely sorted, but they may be a mess in the real file structure.
Hopefully I was clear explaining, English is not my first language.

With all this said, maybe this will help: http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php

Regards.
That was very clear. Thank you for explaining it better than I could.

Back