What's new
Curious, did your NAC come with a 3 prong power cable w/ ground? I ordered the same cab.

Familiarize yourself with Tekken’s test patterns as you wait.
Dumb question since I've never used a real arcade PCB with a cab, but how would I access the test mode?

EDIT: Never mind, looks like it should be on the PSU along with the volume and degauss controls.

Last edited:
Man, I honestly think you might wanna get someone more experienced with you to discharge the monitor. Maybe explore the Astro a bit and get familiar with basic cabinet functions first.

Man, I honestly think you might wanna get someone more experienced with you to discharge the monitor. Maybe explore the Astro a bit and get familiar with basic cabinet functions first.
Well I didn't think I'd be swapping out a chassis right off the bat with a tested working cab, but here we are. I'm willing to learn, have done research, and several of the forum members here have been very helpful as I prepare to work on the cab. I'd rather ask the question than make an assumption and make a mistake, particularly when dealing with voltages like this.

Thanks - this is Tekken 3 though, not the original. The manual says you can either use the test button on the cabinet or an optional switch on the PCB, which it shows in a diagram.

Ah, missed that part. Sounds like you got it anyway!

So a bit of a snag - this wire coming off the neckboard had a connector on my original chassis but is clipped bare wire on the replacement.

https://imgur.com/a/iiDTerff

Looks like this is the ground connection for the neckboard? Am I best off clipping the Molex connector off the monitor side and using a wire nut or something similar?

Last edited:
It's alive!! Now to test with the Tekken PCB. I clipped the Molex connector from the neckboard of the original chassis and used a wire nut to securely fasten it to the Yaton one, my thought being that I'll likely send the original to Sharp for repair and I can ask them to attach a new connector. This leaves the connector on the cab intact.
sHnWsuO.jpg

Nice, exciting stuff!! Post some more pics when you get a board hooked up. :thumbup:

Is it normal to hear several clicks when the monitor is turned off? Working on hooking up Tekken now. Voltages on the ATX connector confirmed good.

wow, for a Yaton chassis...that looks very good. Glad you got your monitor issue sorted.

Other sources are working, including Dreamcast and MAME PC, though image is far darker for those. Do I need a video amp of some kind or should I just compensate through the monitor settings with contrast/etc?

For different sources you will often have to tweak settings via remote board, most commonly horizontal and vertical size, but also brightness/contrast/etc.

What's good about this though is it encourages you to sink your teeth into one game/setup for an extended period of time.

Other sources are working, including Dreamcast and MAME PC, though image is far darker for those. Do I need a video amp of some kind or should I just compensate through the monitor settings with contrast/etc?
Looking good man. All sources connected direct? Or are you still using Extron?

The Dreamcast was direct. PC though the Extron. The Extron passthrough looked beautiful on the NAC but the JPAC has a built in video amp. Figured out that I can pass through composite sync using the JPAC if I remove all the jumpers.

Back