What's new

Shinden51

Beginner
Reaction score
This second cab was picked up from KC 3 weeks ago. It has lots of scratches here and there. So I couldn't resist to sand and respray it, but kept the plastic original and spent quite some time polishing them with Novus System. I guess the result turn out to be pretty decent. There is no artwork and the marquee holder is in pretty bad shape, still waiting for the one from Shadaloo.eu.

Btw, does anyone know where I can find the side decals? Both sides has some small tears on them, the machine should looks brand new if i can replace them.

Stuff I did so far:

Machine was stripped, lots of cleaning, respray metal parts, plastic parts polished
5x 7/8" Tubular locks from Ebay ($20)
Ultimarc Ipac with wiring
Running Hyperspin with I3-4170 and Nvidia GTX745 (basic $420 small form factor Lenovo's Destop)

All MAME games run really smooth. Surprisingly, SFV actually runs pretty okay

IMG_1278.JPG
IMG_1279.JPG

Btw, does anyone know where I can find the side decals? Both sides has some small tears on them, the machine should looks brand new if i can replace them.
Awesome job on that cab.

Unfortunately, no side decals anywhere as far as I know. Taito does not have any in stock and they are not making any more.

Awesome job on that cab.
Unfortunately, no side decals anywhere as far as I know. Taito does not have any in stock and they are not making any more.
Let's hope someone will start making repro decals for the vewlix. It's a bit of an eyesore for me, and I try really hard not to look at the rips. ^^

I believe Taito only had a small cache of replacement Vewlix C parts right around the time the cab was made in 2009~10.

C specific parts are now gone, and infact even the regular core (F/L) Vewlix line parts are starting to be discontinued.

Looks great, good job:)
For Mame maybe exploring groovyMAME and a compatible video card.. My understanding is that GroovyMAME has an LCD monitor settings as well to generate the different resolutions and speed for the games. I have never tried it on LCD monitor.

Last edited:
The MAME you want for LCD's is MAMEUIFX, its built with options like audio stretch/skew and timing adjustments for 60hz/31khz output.
Scanline overlays, edge warping, general CRT image emulation options.

Yes Mameuifx is what I use on my Vewlix F too, I highly recommend it

you could try a die cut printer like cricut? My mother has one so I stopped by with a design I created and it came out well. Probably places that can print them for you.

Back