What's new

Wataru

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi.

I got a Truxton II PCB offered but the owner told me that the game won't register the coin insert.

It boots up and the attract mode also runs flawlessly.But he can't start it because of the non working coin registration.

All his other boadrs are functioning so I assume it can't be a faulty cab setup.But I don't have any real knowledege about arcade setups and it's not possible to test the board on my cab without buying it.

Does anybody have an idea what might be the problem and how to fix it?

Regards,

Could it have to do with the HK-1000? @caius could answer, and he also makes reproductions

Could it have to do with the HK-1000? @caius could answer, and he also makes reproductions
This is very likely. The HK-1000 does all IO including coin registers

Have you tried connecting it to another cab or triggering the coin counter pin?

Very likely that the HK-1000 has a crack in the ceramic-it’s a very common problem in the later Toaplan boards.

That said, you could work around the lack of Coin Insert by going into Settings and enabling Free Play.

It might be in the service menu rather than set by DIPs. If it's Japanese region it likely won't have free play.

caius sells his reproductions directly, send him a PM

@xodaraP

Don't have the board at my place.Seller lives in another country and has only one cab to test it.Will have to buy it first.

Noob question.By triggering the coin counter pin you are referring to the coin door mechanism at the cab or to some pin/switch on the PCB?

I guess this is your board :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toaplan-ja...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The 'HK-1000' handles all inputs including coin, service, test and tilt switches.It also handles coin counters and lockouts.Some people here used improperly the term "coin counter" but they wanted to actually mean the "coin switch" (the one that activates the credits by grounding PIN 16 parts-solder side of JAMMA edge connector).Here's is a "coin counter" (which only needs to count how many coins have been inserted)

Said that, my 'HK-1000' reproduction behaves excatly as original part except that I intentionally omitted the coin counters and lockouts circuit in order to save on costs.I think very few people use or need coin counters nowadays.

And yes, your issue is due to a bad 'HK-1000', first ceramic revision is very fragile and often breaks or goes bad internally.

Last edited:
I did a similar replacement on my FixEight board recently. Here’s what the reproduction looks like once it’s in place.

ED5355AF-BB8A-4427-8D26-39932CEDF8E8.jpeg
E4185131-66EB-4A79-88B3-D454806999C0.jpeg

@caius

Thanks for the extensive reply. :)

So would you be able to supply me with one of your replacement HK-1000 in order to fix it?

Regards.

Back