What's new
Guess who's back, back again? brizzo's back, tell a friend.

Been away for 6-7 weeks now, was only supposed to be gone 10 days... sorry guys, some very abnormal events occurred. I am okay, spent the last week reintegrating. Got on discord a couple days ago, was given the heads up about the concern from this thread. Figured the best way to get back in the saddle is to come at you with this:

20200304_230347.jpg

BCS Multi Cartridge Features
---------------------------------------------
- 11 Predefined ROM slots
- 384 MByte of Flash storage
- ROM slots: 1x64mb, 3x48mb, 4x32mbyte, 3x16mb
- Cartridge firmware can be updated (microcontroller + cpld)

BCS Software Guide
---------------------------------------------
Important Note: Always remove cartridge from motherboard before connecting to USB!

Programming your cartridge has been made simple and easy to do!
  • BCS ROM files must be placed in a folder 'roms' located in the same folder as the BCS Multi program.
  • Compatible ROMs are single files using extension '.bin', 16/32/48/64 mbyte in size, as having a valid file header.
Now we are ready to start programming the cartridge. Basic setup you select files from the drop down list for each slot, then press Apply.

bcs_host.jpg

Each slot has three functions: ROM Select drop down, Game Title text box, and Erase check box.
  • ROM Select: Choose files from your 'roms' folder; only compatible size files for the slot are listed.
  • Game Title: This is the name of the ROM programmed to the slot. It can be edited to change text on DIP switch print out.
  • Erase: Use only if you want to erase a slot and leave it empty. You do not need to erase a slot before programming new rom, this is done automatically.
DIP Switch Printout
----------------------
Go to File, Export DIPSW PDF -- This will generate a PDF for reference on which roms are programmed to each slot.

bcs_host_dipsw_pdf.jpg

Firmware Update
----------------------
Go to Operation, Firmware Update -- Updates will be supplied as required; to potential bugs or reconfigure slots if we find new games that do not fit the spare slots.

Next step for tomorrow is to PM everyone (all 8 orders) and verify their shipping information and get these in the mail.

Is this project going to be cool enough for the new Multiboyz gang? :P

:thumbsup:

Nice to hear from you, bearing good news too. Hope all is well.

The PDF Output feature of the software is a real nice touch.

Next step for tomorrow is to PM everyone (all 8 orders) and verify their shipping information and get these in the mail.

Is this project going to be cool enough for the new Multiboyz gang? :P

:thumbsup:
The rarest multi of them all... Real Multi Boyz know the Deal!

This is like happiness overload.
After not hearing anything about this for so long, and being a bit sad about potentially being out of ~$200, now instead it looks like this is so close to being ready.

Looking forward to this so much! :)

Anyone know if the card slot something off the shelf? Would be cool to make some right angle adapters like this https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/BCS_-_Slot_Board_AMG0107B
Nope, according to @brizzo VCC/GND lines need to or should be fattys :)

Bcs_amg0107b_set1_front.jpg

so something like this would most likely not work, plus might not have all pins connected through

s-l640.png

Plus the cart might not clear the motherboard, we would need to have the riser fabbed.
And 3D printed supports for the multi and the riser as well.

Im working on a plexi shell case as soon as I get the MB in. The shell/riser setup that comes with these are garbage.

Attachments

• Bcs_amg0107b_set1_back.jpg
    Bcs_amg0107b_set1_back.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 99
Anyone know if the card slot something off the shelf? Would be cool to make some right angle adapters like this https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/BCS_-_Slot_Board_AMG0107B
I think it was PCI:
The cart connector is in fact PCI, but I don't think this solution would be very practical for the flash type. I'm assuming not many people have a DIP48 programmer that supports J3 algorithm, along with solving the socket/adapter pinout for each programmer to be compatible.
Post overlap:

Plus the cart might not clear the motherboard, we would need to have the riser fabbed.
Should be relatively cheap to design and make. PCI connectors are readily available ( https://www.digikey.co.uk/short/z8qcf9 ) and it would just be a matter of laying out the pcb.

Last edited:
Should be relatively cheap to design and make. PCI connectors are readily available ( digikey.co.uk/short/z8qcf9 ) and it would just be a matter of laying out the pcb.
That would be ideal, and would super easy to put together, pcb/pci connector, solder bath done :D

Guess who's back, back again? brizzo's back, tell a friend.

Been away for 6-7 weeks now, was only supposed to be gone 10 days... sorry guys, some very abnormal events occurred. I am okay, spent the last week reintegrating. Got on discord a couple days ago, was given the heads up about the concern from this thread. Figured the best way to get back in the saddle is to come at you with this:

20200304_230347.jpg
Damn bro, this is what I saw

giphy.gif

HELLS YES! Finally have the #1 multi for something! I'm happy you're OK man, not just for the multi, but b/c I know you're alive and well!

Also, @Derick2k tried to buy my #1 spot, but I said HELLZ NO BRO, I WAIT FOR BRIZZO!!!!

Just kidding, he's the one who helped us keep the faith!

Welcome back!

:P

HELLS YES! Finally have the #1 multi for something! I'm happy you're OK man, not just for the multi, but b/c I know you're alive and well!

Also, @Derick2k tried to buy my #1 spot, but I said HELLZ NO BRO, I WAIT FOR BRIZZO!!!!

Just kidding, he's the one who helped us keep the faith!

Welcome back!

:P
lol, trying to help out man :D

Back