What's new
I have just spoke to a dealer in Korea and they will try source some motherboards for me with the cheapest game on the system: Dongul. I’ll let you know @ekorz — I’m looking for a backup mobo for myself.

I have just spoke to a dealer in Korea and they will try source some motherboards for me with the cheapest game on the system: Dongul. I’ll let you know @ekorz — I’m looking for a backup mobo for myself.
+1 for me please :)

Done @xodaraP... and that’s all I’ll commit to trying to get. Do not want to exhaust the source!

Definitely @twistedsymphony — my bad, I thought he had won one on eBay recently! If the Korean guy does come through, I’ll get him to list them for you each on eBay to purchase. Dongul is a cheap game out there.

That all sounds great @brizzo — keen to see any progress you make. No rush whatsoever.
So it begins!

Measured and adjusted the edge connector so shorts are not possible when not using case+riser

crystal_system_a001.PNG

I have an extra mobo that I would gladly sell to someone here at cost (assuming JNX is able to repair it) for anyone that needs it.

This is very cool!!!

So who wants this multi? It’s a +1 for me.

I'm very interested in this project.
I found someone is selling a set of "dead" motherboard and cartridge.
As I heard the motherboard has suicide battery on it. Is it possible to revive it ?
I would like to get the dead motherboard if there is some way to de-suicide the motherboard.

I'm very interested in this project.
I found someone is selling a set of "dead" motherboard and cartridge.
As I heard the motherboard has suicide battery on it. Is it possible to revive it ?
I would like to get the dead motherboard if there is some way to de-suicide the motherboard.
There is no suicide battery on the motherboard. The battery is used to power the sram chip which stores games setting/high scores while the board is not powered on. Its also not required for the board to function.

I'm curious about the software side, as @brizzo said it's probably possible (and not that hard) to patch code to get rid of the PIC.
But I don't own the hardware either.

I'm keen to take up the challenge of patching one game as a POC if someone is willing to test on real hardware.

Back