What's new
Not specific to this soldering job, but for most pcb work, I like to do 320C when working slowly, and 350C when working quick.
410C for soldering thick wires for power (14awg). I use kester 60/40 rosin core solder.

yeah there's a lot of variation depending on the iron, the tip, the solder, the PCB, the type of chips, and even the user's skill.

Generally I'll use 360C for a normal pencil tip on most jobs, I'll go a little warmer for a thinner tip and a little colder for a thicker tip.
If you're a skilled solderer you might go warmer so you can work quickly and you can do so because you're not applying heat for any longer than it needs to. If you're less skilled you might want to go cooler because you'll often be slow to read the situation and are more prone to linger too long and cause damage.

If you're desoldering something like 5V and Ground pins they're often connected to a large plane on the PCB which acts like a heat sync and I'll often crank the heat way up. similarly if I'm working with something with very thin/delicate traces or wires I'll turn the heat down.

There is a reason that the equipment lets you set the temp... it's because you need to use different temps for different situations.

hi :

Will need to put this on the back burner. Great multi.
Can’t see any other games i need. Sorry. Glwts. Will reaccess later in the year on this multicart.

regards
euphoria
:)

A very big thank you to @brizzo for this wonderful product :thumbsup:
It works 100%. Pro build quality, simple and elegant.

Also, thank you goes out to @rewrite for starting the thread :thumbup:

Now I just need that 90deg riser to finish up the acrylic case.
Anyone have one they can sell me or trade for a acrylic case when Im done making them?

Some crappy pics I took :P

Attachments

• IMG_4561_450x600.jpg
    IMG_4561_450x600.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4575_450x600.JPG
    IMG_4575_450x600.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4560_465x600.jpg
    IMG_4560_465x600.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4568_450x600.jpg
    IMG_4568_450x600.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4576_450x600.JPG
    IMG_4576_450x600.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4577_450x600.JPG
    IMG_4577_450x600.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 128
Wuly Buly. Level one (far left) is you stomping roaches, using A, B, C buttons. Seems to work normal. 3rd game, far right, is clicking the correct button based on what is in the box at the top, but mine is far too fast to play.

Does anyone have a cap map for the MB? I think Im going to replace them. Also need to clean the volume pot otr replace it, mine seems to be a bit scratchy, volume adjusts fine though.

Wuly Buly. Level one (far left) is you stomping roaches, using A, B, C buttons. Seems to work normal. 3rd game, far right, is clicking the correct button based on what is in the box at the top, but mine is far too fast to play.
As you guys are getting these, do you mind checking this one game so I can pin down if my mobo is bad or if the ROM of the game is acting up?

Mahalo!

Ok, so am I crazy or is that too fast for you too?

I need to double check mine now, I think it’s even faster.

Haven’t tried it in mame but that is impossibly fast imo

Made a quick cap map/list for the motherboard.
Anyone care to confirm and/or make a BOM for digikey/mouser?

BCS MB Cap Map Layout.jpg

Attachments

• BCS MB Cap Map List.jpg
    BCS MB Cap Map List.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
@Derick2k I think there are 2 motherboard revisions but I’ll check out the caps on mine later tonight

Back