What's new
@xtrasmiley I moved all dips to On to get into test mode. Then I reset the defaults, I think it was the first option. Works now
Dip settings for those that need it

2020-03-27_1-15-01.jpg
2020-03-27_1-26-50.jpg

If anyone has the complete manual can they please scan and upload it, thank you.

Last edited:
Can you guys chec the following?

The instruction manual says you can output stereo through the jamma edge. on my board you have to enable the following jumper.

2020-03-27_18-20-04.jpg

Heres the manuals pinout for the jamma edge, so pin 9 should be the right right channel.

crystal_system-edge_pinout.gif

I already decapped my MB, so cant test, anyone care to try? :D
Im not 100% sure if the games themselves output stereo sound though.

Looks like you can test it without having to jump the jumper. If you follow those 2 via on the backside, they go to 2 pins on the JP7 edge connector on the right side of the board.

Looks like you can test it without having to jump the jumper. If you follow those 2 via on the backside, they go to 2 pins on the JP7 edge connector on the right side of the board.
Thats right, video/audio/power/controls are all routed to JP7, I think they were planning to link up systems, etc..

They put right speaker on pin 9. While they state it is NC it's not really.

Pin K/9 on JAMMA is the lockout coil, if you have one and enable the jumper I don't think it will be successful...

They put right speaker on pin 9. While they state it is NC it's not really.

Pin K/9 on JAMMA is the lockout coil, if you have one and enable the jumper I don't think it will be successful...
I cant test it out, I decapped my mb already, waiting on replacements.

I traced out he sicrcuits and the dac does have both traces for the L/R outputs going over to the amp. And the amp is not wired for mono output, so I think it does output in stereo, but again, is the games dont output stereo sound, so not point digging into if its still mono sound.

At the moment Im more concerned with looking into replacing the volume pot with something more decent, but cant seem to find a suitable replacement.

jbvm4d4_d.jpg

Just replaced my caps with @Derick2k’s cap list and sent him some notes. They all work but a few could have different pitch to be perfect.

The main cause of my sound issues was of course the potentiometer. It is a stereo b103 pot and thankfully matches the footprint of a Gameboy Advance volume pot perfectly, you just have to bend the pins to fit through-hole instead of surface mount. New pot on the right, above, works great.

Hey guys do you think this might work for a replace?
vrenderzero aliexpress

I wasn't able to find whats the "plus" variation for and if is irrelevant or not for a replace on a motherboard. i got two of these coocked

I have a couple of the VRenderZERO+ chips. They are a smaller footprint and have less pins then the VRenderZERO.
Thank you for the reply. So it's defenetly a no go. I wonder if i even gonna find these. I'll first try to swap the 3 drams, i've read they can be (one of) the issue here.

I have a couple of the VRenderZERO+ chips. They are a smaller footprint and have less pins then the VRenderZERO.
Thank you for the reply. So it's defenetly a no go. I wonder if i even gonna find these. I'll first try to swap the 3 drams, i've read they can be (one of) the issue here.
What symptoms are you seeing?

I wrote up some docs on what I saw when trying different failure scenarios

https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/BCS_-_Hardware_Notes

What symptoms are you seeing?
I wrote up some docs on what I saw when trying different failure scenarios

https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/BCS_-_Hardware_Notes
Oh
I was just following that.. you wrote it hehe
One of them is displaying a single vertical line on the right, on power ds1 lights, then ds2, then both togheter, and it repeats (just like you said). So maybe its sdram (i have ordered few sdrams on digikey, 4m x16).
The second one i was suspecting the mosfet was bad because Vin and Vout were bridged and the board was not booting at all (no leds). After changing it i had the same issue until i have decided to remove the sdrams and the bridge was gone. Un fortunatly one of the sdrams pads was complitely ripped off when i removed the one near the jamma connector and i'm afraid that wiring patch will be a pain the arse to do, so ill just try with the one that is at least booting.
I've also made sure that the vzero was properly soldered with a digiscope.
If changing the sdrams wont do ill try the 256 ram near the socked bios but other than that i dont know what to do else

Just received the board today. All games work but I have also the fast moving Wuly thing. Great stuff.

Just received the board today. All games work but I have also the fast moving Wuly thing. Great stuff.
@ekorz figured out a fix for Wuly Buly, go into test mode (either with dip switch 8 or using the test button on your cab/supergun) and reset to default settings.

Wow, thank you for your patience waiting for it to arrive. Glad it finally arrived! :)

Hi guys,

If anyone want my multi cart I will sell it to you for the same price I bought it of course.

Back