What's new
I keep the mobo with my King of Crystal. Thank you :)
Wise man! @Apocalypse might be interested, but he probably won't commit for a month or so.

This multi is a tough one to sell. It's probably best for people with a motherboard, but no King of Crystal game!

GLWTS!

Ok so trying to fix a BCS motherboard I got from the guy who posted just above ^^

I cleaned all the rust from the battery leakage, patched some traces and now it boots to the test screen BUT:
- sound is at maximum volume
- red and green are completely missing

Regarding sound I think it could be linked to the fact two caps are missing in the audio section : C61 and C64, if anyone has the value of those… (I'm also wondering if there's supposed to be something populated @ C75).

For the colours I'm a bit worried since they're coming straight from the VRender chip...

Board is also missing Q2 & Q3 but I believe they are battery related.

Hope this helps, values taken from the Crystal of Kings motherboard (AMG0110B)

C64: unpopulated
C75: unpopulated
Q2: A1266Y Transitor
Q3: C3198Y Transistor

I need to take a measurement of C61, is this doable using my multimeter?

Attachments

• BCS MB Cap Map List.jpg
    BCS MB Cap Map List.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 153
  • BCS MB Cap Map Layout.jpg
    BCS MB Cap Map Layout.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 156
Hope this helps, values taken from the Crystal of Kings motherboard (AMG0110B)

C64: unpopulated
C75: unpopulated
Q2: A1266Y Transitor
Q3: C3198Y Transistor

I need to take a measurement of C61, is this doable using my multimeter?
Thanks.
You can only measure it out of circuit.
AMG0110B :) Thanks for your help.
I made a cap map list, confirmed to be the same values on AMG110B by @ekorz hope it helps.
Thanks @Derick2k but C61 is a ceramic capacitor.

We're (almost) in business! Found an other rotten trace and now red and green are back:

If anyone has a good scan of the manual, looks like the component values are listed.
So far I only replaced C61.
But that didn't change anything regarding the maxed out sound. Whatever its position I don't see any change in the measured resistance between pins of VR2. Maybe it's cooked. @ekorz :whistling: ?

You probably need a new thumbwheel pot. i think it as a 10 or 20k stereo pot like the ones used on the gameboys. I know @ekorz found one that works.

jbvm4d4_d.jpg

It is a stereo b103 pot and thankfully matches the footprint of a Gameboy Advance volume pot perfectly, you just have to bend the pins to fit through-hole instead of surface mount. New pot on the right, above, works great.
@Apocalypse

Un fortunatly one of the sdrams pads was complitely ripped off when i removed the one near the jamma connector and i'm afraid that wiring patch will be a pain the arse to do, so ill just try with the one that is at least booting.
If that gives you hope, mine had 6 pads completely eaten by the battery leak. Since traces all went under the chip I decided to solder wires directly on the VRenderZero legs. So far so good, it's alive.

Un fortunatly one of the sdrams pads was complitely ripped off when i removed the one near the jamma connector and i'm afraid that wiring patch will be a pain the arse to do, so ill just try with the one that is at least booting.
If that gives you hope, mine had 6 pads completely eaten by the battery leak. Since traces all went under the chip I decided to solder wires directly on the VRenderZero legs. So far so good, it's alive.
It doesn't XD
The "good" board (HA..good), had perfect condition, no rust or leak, new rams from serious supplier like Digikey (so no fake chinese shit at least), new caps, new reset ic, and guess what? the same. It doesn't work.

Back