What's new
Crap. Maybe this is why I am unimpressed with the image? And maybe this maybe at the root of some of the issues in nem's PSA?

NetCityNeckPin1.jpg

Just noticed one of the neck pins is completely dislodged. It certainly wasn't a result of me removing the neckboard as I was careful in doing that given the nem's PSA. Thankfully, the pin is still in the neckboard. Now to get some electrically conductive epoxy to repair it.
Yikes.

Looks like the green cathode pin.

Shit. Looks like the monitor and/or tube is dead. Repaired the pin with electrically conductive epoxy. Got a little bit of arching. I have neck glow but no image.

Tube that is in there now is a A68KSM696X. Will these tubes work, assuming yoke swap may be needed? How do I tell if the screen curve is the same or different.
  • A68KKN96X
  • A68KJU96X
If this fails, will pull spare PFX tubes from WMMT3, get a flat screen bezel, and be done with it.

Will these tubes work, assuming yoke swap may be needed? How do I tell if the screen curve is the same or different.

A68KKN96X
A68KJU96X
Without seeing them, I don't think there's any way to tell what kind of yoke they have or what the curvature is. Neck connector is definitely compatible, so at least there's that.

Well, silly me. I have these tubes right here along with the bezel. So should be easy to determine if the curve works.

Also, picked up a BSIDE ESR02 PRO from your recommendation over on this thread. What is the tolerance for yoke compatibility? About 5% for resistance and inductance?

EDIT: Seems there was no neck glow on one of those that went to air. Let me check my screen pot in the morning.

Last edited:
What is the tolerance for yoke compatibility? About 5% for resistance and inductance?
It's the horizontal inductance that's important. I haven't played that much with out of spec yokes, so I'll say maybe 10%?

Vertical inductance can be way off.

Also, regarding the tubes that went to air. Was there neck glow on those tubes? Mine has neck glow.

Woohooo!!!! She's alive!!!!

MS2933_Repaired.jpg

So the conductive epoxy fixed the problem I had with the neckboard pin that came out of the socket. I was getting no image since the screen pot was turned all the way down.Focus was turned all the way down too. I'm pretty sure I would not touch the pots when cleaning it, so don't know how that happened. Don't care at this point because I am happy she works again.

Anyhooo, after the repair to the neck pin, I thought perhaps some of the epoxy got bridged across the neck pins, and that actually happened. But I scraped the epoxy out before plugging it back in. Careful using this stuff. Anything it touches it sticks to. So if you ever have this problem, tape up the areas that are not getting repaired. As I was getting neck glow, which is not what the others got when their tubes went to air, I thought perhaps it was just the screen pot. Turned out it was. Guess I got lucky. Tube is perfectly ok afterall and looks fantastic! Seems Simple Green washing the tube and chassis must have done "something" because the MS2933 looks great. Blows me away as much as when I first plugged in the Sanwa PFX. Now I can see why folks jock this monitor.

Now it is time to fab up a JAMMA loom for this baby!

Back