What's new

Fluffy

Champion
Reaction score
My STV came with a (probable) bootleg cart of Die Hard Arcade using Intel E28F008SA-120 chips that I have not seen in any other bootleg picture.
Is anyone collecting info/pictures on these?
front.jpg

back.jpg

I personally don't mind, as I was just interested in a good(-ish) cart to test the board with.

These bootlegs are from back in the 90's
I once had a bootleg of steep slope sliders and one of tecmo cup soccer.

This one looks slightly better.... The ones i had included an actel that went bad in both cases.

What does the official Die Hard cart look like? ?( Now I'm worried I'll end up with one thanks ebay

I found the other day a cart that didnt work properly. I opened it and turned out to be a bootleg! I've never seen one for STV and I would
expect that even less for Die Hard :evil:
See picture below.

STV_Bootleg.jpeg

@Fluffy any chance I could get yours?

Thanks!

I'm not attached to it, though it is my only ST-V cartridge right now. What are you offering?

My ST-V has very noisy audio, so there is a chance that the samples are corrupted or mapped wrong.

I'm not attached to it, though it is my only ST-V cartridge right now. What are you offering?
I want to extract the schematics and send to MAME.

You say it's Die Hard as well? Interesting....then I can't understand why the flashes are placed at different places.

We can discuss the details via PM.

They seem to use mirrored packages to simplify layout. Though it is possible that they re-flashed a bigger cart for your game as well. (Or robbed chips from mine.)

Edit: checked the data sheet. The standard layout is E28F008SA-120, mirrored layout is F28F008SA-120, which would explain the different pattern.

Last edited:
I can send mine to Darksoft if wanted, so Fluffy doesn't have to give up his only cart. I'm pretty sure it looks the same as his, and I have absolutely no use for the thing.

So nobody's found another with the actel chip inside? Seems this version is more common.

The problem is with STV is you can't see whats inside!

@Darksoft do you think there's any information worth getting from the bootlegs? I think the program roms etc are identical...

That's the one. It seems to be what they used for the more protected games, and maybe more interesting for looking at.
They are VERY unreliable carts so if it's working you are lucky.

The custom green case must be worth more than the card LOL
Hopefully darksoft can learn something from them!

They are VERY unreliable carts so if it's working you are lucky.
Honestly haven't plugged it in since I got the mutli... so it's been on the shelf for at least 2 years. No guarantees. But hey @Darksoft lemme know if you want met to test & ship it

Back