What's new

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been working on fixing a Cadash with an object RAM fault. I've replaced one of the RAMs that tested bad off board and is considerably improved.

I'm still getting minor glitching and a RAM fault when I run test mode. I've socketed all 4 object RAMs and the fault is the same no matter what configuration the 4 RAM chips are, so it's not those.

I'm beeping out all the connections to the custom and I've found 1 that isn't beeping so I need to reconnect it, but I have no idea which pin it should be attached to (to beep out the others I've been running the meter probe across every pin on the custom until it beeps)

Has anyone got a Cadash and could meter out a couple of pins for me so I can determine where I need to put connections in? There's no schematic available for Cadash or pinout for the custom :(

Last edited:
I have metered out all the pins on all 4 RAMs and the pin that's not connected is Pin 11 of IC23 if anyone can help :)

Attachments

• IMAG1669.jpg
    IMAG1669.jpg
    975.3 KB · Views: 125
Thank you @Hammy - right before I got your message I sanded back the trace on the top and soldered a really long wire to it and hoped it was still connected further down and got the same pin :)

Your photo confirmed it, soldered jumper in place and it's working! :D

Back