What's new

LuKa

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have managed to bad myself a Crisis Zone SD cabinet. Pretty nice condition, I had to fix some cabling because the pedal wiring was damaged. The problem I'm having is the game will randomly reboot itself when getting into the game. It will always pass its self test and start to roll the demo. But randomly anything from 30-90 seconds in it will reboot and start it's self test again.

Does anyone have any pointers or ideas?

Many Thanks

Nice score! I feel like you’ve probably checked already but how are the voltages coming out of the PSU while under load? Maybe they read Ok at boot but dip when the game picks up? Recap time?

I have the same issue on my Time Crisis 1 I think. I need a chassis installed on the tube though D:.

I would check voltages like ekorz says though always check that first and while under load

Thank you guys, I haven't checked Voltages yet to be honest. I'll hook up some probes and see what's going on.

Hooked a atx power supply, but still reseting. :(

If a new ATX supply isn't working, you may need to buy a standard supply with adjustable voltage and crank the 5v a bit. Start at 5.1v.

atx 2.0+ psu's are shit for arcade use,
they are oriented toward the 12v rail followed by 3.3v
5v is hardly used in modern pc's

i like to use recapped old AT psu's,
although you can buy new ones for arcade use - but they cost a bit more.

@rewrite - Guilty as charged, I didn't check the voltages because the previous PSU was a ATX style one so I spliced up a new Corsair PSU in the hope that would be better.

Thank you for the advice guys, I'll remove the ATX PSU and get a standard jamma PSU and adjust the voltage.

Right I have a proper arcade machine PSU with adjustable voltage :) It was set around 5.27 V and it wouldn't boot just showed a fuzzy collapsed image. I turned it off decreased the voltage to about 5.05V and it booted fine. I came back to it the next day and it is showing a fuzzy collapsed image again as if it's getting to much voltage.

Any ideas on the sweet spot for the voltages on this one, if I am correct Namco boards are very power hungry?

Any advice would be great!

Is this system super23? That looks like it also has 12v and a 3.3v regulator. Maybe the 3.3v is off? The sweet spot is usually just having all the voltages at spec.

Is this system super23? That looks like it also has 12v and a 3.3v regulator. Maybe the 3.3v is off? The sweet spot is usually just having all the voltages at spec.
It's System 23 Evolution 2 (200MHz main cpu clock). My only other option is to clean and reseat all the pcb connections.

May as well reference the manual too: https://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Arcade//Manual/formated/Crisis_Zone_-_2000_-_Namco.pdf. Fortunately, only two +5v and one +3.3v power on this game. You don't have to worry much about the +12v because none go towards the main pcb. I'm now leaning towards a faulty regulator.

Back