What's new

acidrain97

Student
Reaction score
Is this normal? What looks like solder bridging contacts together on one PCB. Sometimes i will get graphical corruption on the main menu. I have reseated and works for a little while, take it out and repeat. When games load they work to an extent. Other than sound issues on some games it works pretty well.

thanx

Attachments

• 20190709_053448-a.jpg
    20190709_053448-a.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 351
What games does it fix? By the time the 3 round in World Hero's the music cuts out. Striker 1945 the same after 5 or six stages.

As for a firmware update is that done through d/ling the menu program? I'm still a little confused on that. I just bought the cart from highscoresaves.com a couple of weeks ago.

It was a fix for users that had the 1st revision of the AES console (NEO-AES). You probably have a different one.

The issue that you have with sound fading is know to us and we are "still" working on a fix.

The gfx that you mention, I discussed with HighScoreSaves and looks to me like a problem with bad contacts between the motherboard and the cart. Try inserting/removing the cart 4-5 times and see if that helps. It can also be that the motherboard is faulty. Did you try with different games?

Please let us know.

yes, i have 2 other carts, both boot just fine. no glitches. No problem with the contacts. Clean as can be. After inserting the Multicart a couple of times it's working. simply never take it out.

For firmware this is what I have:

Firmware Revision: 0x03e4
firmware build: 0x5603
top file build: 0x6be3
menu build date: May 10 2019
menu build time: 15:25:51
Supported games: 238 out of 239
detected hardware: aes

is this the current firmware?

speaking of games do you have a list of what it detects? I am using smokemonster's rom set. Sandisk 32gb fat32.

thanx

I'm testing a new firmware that will be out this weekend. For now use the one you have which is working stable.

Please check the corresponding thread (MVS or AES) on this section.

I may have found out problem. Power adapter. I replaced it with my backup adapter. It has a little more kick. Been playing my problem test roms, Strikers 1945 (sound cuts after stage 2) World Hero's (Sound drops after battle 3) and menu graphic glitching for about an hour not a sign of shit. Still testing. Love that Axel F. track. Reminds me of the old PC Scream Tracker days.

I had a similar problem with my TurboGrafx 16 console. Graphics and sound would crap out. Replaced the power adapter and good to go.

For what this cart can do pretty amazing. That boot timer needs to go. But that's just me.

Thanx

Last edited:
That boot timer needs to go. But that's just me.
You can remove it in the options from the menu. Just select Boot to MENU in MENU OPTIONS

I may have found out problem. Power adapter. I replaced it with my backup adapter. It has a little more kick.
Glad that you had it sorted. I should have thought of that.

Back