What's new

Hatsune Mike

Champion
Reaction score
Did a little thing for running versus connections between two cabinets for head to head. Uses three Ethernet cables, as they are flexible and easy to get in varying lengths.

More details later - these aren’t available until I’m done with this splitfire batch!

A few bullet points:
• 3 Ethernet or RJ50 cables to link
• maps P1 inputs of second cab to P2 inputs; no need to modify wiring of either cab to accommodate.
• JAMMA stick, start, coin, and buttons 1-5 sent from JAMMA edge
• all CPS2 kick buttons compatible with no extra wiring
• JAMMA mono or line stereo audio
• line audio has dedicated ground to eliminate ground noise (buzzing)
• video and sync buffered so two mismatched monitors won’t be a problem
• Neo geo (stereo speakers, all buttons) compatible. Make a H2H Neo!
• JAMMA connector is keyed

I’ll also buy one when they’re ready. Awesome!

Is the PCB on the second machine powered? What kind of load is it putting on the PSU?

I had to watch the video without sound. Maybe it was explained there.

Is the PCB on the second machine powered? What kind of load is it putting on the PSU?

I had to watch the video without sound. Maybe it was explained there.
Sorry, I did not touch upon that at all. It has no active components, so there is no load. The second cab does not strictly need a PSU. To my knowledge, the official versus adapter kits from Sega, Taito, etc. put very little load on the secondary cabinet, if any at all, so I'm not concerned about there being an issue from the unloaded PSU's presence.

Sorry, I did not touch upon that at all. It has no active components, so there is no load. The second cab does not strictly need a PSU. To my knowledge, the official versus adapter kits from Sega, Taito, etc. put very little load on the secondary cabinet, if any at all, so I'm not concerned about there being an issue from the unloaded PSU's presence.
Alright, thanks.

Passive design is the way to go IMO. I usually just unplug the PSU in the second cab if it's something I'm going to keep set up for a while.

Nice work. That looks like a total solution. Now all I need is a second cab.

Looks great! Count me in! I just recently rearranged and my cabs are sitting in pairs now.

Count me in. Looks like I’ll need another 1p6b panel from Alberto now...

Very nice Mike. My cabs are linked with a homebrew solution my friend did, and it works great, but you made some slick choices with this that are better.

I can tell you that people definitely ask me how to link cabs, and my response is usually "well, it's a little work, but we can help you solve it". I'd be stoked if I could just say "no problem, buy a couple of these kits" instead.

Very nice! Count me in for a set when they're available. I always dig your projects, Mike! :thumbsup:

@Hatsune Mike

Have you considered getting this to support a 4 player multiplayer set-up? Being able to toggle between P1 vs P2, to propagating P3 and P4 on Cabinet 2's P1 and P2 instead?

Clearly you built this for a versus fighter set-up, but with a bit more re-routing work, and perhaps some clever jumpers, could this be a feature for this as well?

Having a plug-n-play solution for versus setups in indeed handy, but it would also be great if we can have an easy solution like this for 4 player 2 cabinet set-ups. Thoughts?

Back