What's new
@truxpin

Your circuit breakdown helped a ton. I was able to fix this by following your break down and finding a broken trace. It was exactly how you said, pin 29 on the kick harness around the rca connectors had a broken trace that was minuscule but it didnt make it to the r31 resistor. Jumped it together and voila, sound up works again.

Thanks a ton!

So I recently bought a jamma board. The seller sent me low quality photo from the top of the board. It looked fine. Upon receiving it I flipped the board over and noticed this:

https://i.imgur.com/vEPxPBq.jpg

Great.

I think it had a wiring harness attached to the straight to the pads at some point. There's some sketchy looking pads on the other side as well.

Anyway, anyone here fix problems like this? What did you use to attach the pads back to boards?

Copper tape, cut to size and neatly applied.

Prep area first, ensure you have enough exposed copper for good continuity or if that's not possible, solder a patch wire from the copper tape to the closest connection.

Yeah, but the pads are still there, they're just lifted off and folded over. What do I need to use to glue that shit back on the board? Something that actually sticks and the pad doesn't come off the instant I pull the edge connector off.

Also, I really don't think copper tape will last repeated insertions in the jamma connector. Am I wrong?

Picked up an "untested" MV-1FS on the cheap and took advantage of the advice on this thread to fix the JAMMA edge using copper tape and epoxy glue. It had one pad totally burned and destroyed. The edge is ok now. Thanks guys! Love when the answer to my problem is already posted :)

My next issue is dealing with the battery that leaked. There was battery splooge on the Yamaha chip and various components around it. Vinegar helped a lot but still doesn't have sound so I am going to try the diag cart (waiting on EPROMs from China to burn the M1) to hopefully solve this as well.

That's great!

I havent worked on MVS boards but I think they have a sound "cap kit" that is necessary on them.

Yeah. I am going to recap it for sure. Though I suspect with all the DNA evidence the battery left on the sound components that there is also an issue lurking in that region of the board.

Back