What's new
A good reason not to share is to not let prices blow out. This is one of several ethical dilemmas associated with releasing conversion mods to the public.

I would recommend not goldrushing towards a board until the horizontal active raster is solved.
Exactly, this was a shot in the dark that kinda runs. Theory with pictures.

There's no point even thinking about gun nail or TD2 until macross 2 is fully working.
The raster is not the only problem, the banking is a problem and the I/o is a problem for some reason.

Exactly, this was a shot in the dark that kinda runs. Theory with pictures.
Why are all you guys rushing to grab a donor PCB?
This may never fully materialize into anything but a proof of concept/theory.

Nothing against Hammy's skills, but I really don't see this running on real hardware EVER.

A good reason not to share is to not let prices blow out. This is one of several ethical dilemmas associated with releasing conversion mods to the public.

I would recommend not goldrushing towards a board until the horizontal active raster is solved.
Yeah, I was surprised when you dropped info on ESP Ra.De. -> to Uo Poko I was like, "dang Mike, why you gotta inflate the value of ESP Ra.De.? People are going to be scooping those up like crazy to convert to Uo Poko, now!"
-ud

many things are okay at a small personal level but get nasty when scaled up to mass numbers. One dark adventure becomes Gradius II, it’s not a big deal. *every* dark adventure becomes Gradius II, it’s a problem and kind of shitty imo.

Anyway, I’m curious to see if the raster width is configurable or not.

Be fast people... looks like it’s someone's lucky day: https://ebay.us/91zGGG
Damn it, I thought it was Golden Tee, was so excited cause the board already has basically all chips socketed.

golden-tee-3d-golf.jpg

I'd do very bad things for a CV1000 multi, I'd even take candy from a baby.

I'd do very bad things for a CV1000 multi, I'd even take candy from a baby.
Based on pictures of the PCB I expect that would be difficult... and the boards are so expensive that few people are going to want to mess with them. :)
I guess you could reprogram the main Flash through JTAG, but I don't think they are designed for many rewrite cycles.

Apparently Cave recycled dodgy Flash chips:
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blo...eb0034b9aff0371e/src/mame/drivers/cv1k.cpp#L7
... which would make it difficult to convert games without making a board-specific bad block table.

Of course, looking at the cost of the originals and that they're using mostly off-the-shelf hardware I'm surprised that there aren't many bootlegs?

Of course, looking at the cost of the originals and that they're using mostly off-the-shelf hardware I'm surprised that there aren't many bootlegs?
The sound ROMs would still need to be desoldered, reprogrammed, and soldered back down every time you converted a game.

Bootlegs/repro's/something would make a lot more sense than a multi. SH3 CPU's got discontinued, and finding them in large quantities isn't terribly easy.

Back