What's new
@JoeAwesome My brother lives in Bryan and works in college station at the Kia dealership as a mechanic. Small world.

@JoeAwesome My brother lives in Bryan and works in college station at the Kia dealership as a mechanic. Small world.
I know -exactly- where that is, but then again, B/CS is not a huge place (like a Houston). I live about 3 miles away from the dealership :D

Small world, indeed.

The amount of arcades here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area is insane. Tokyo has numbers, but DFW has concentrated quality. I went to Round 1 in Grapevine yesterday, and they have DODONPACHI! Tornado Terrys has an insane amount of cabs and pinball machines! I'll be going to the National Video Game museum in Frisco this weekend. I hear they have a killer arcade thats all black lights and 80s new wave music. Cant wait!

... And yeah - the brisket is really good too. :D

Austin, you?
I’ve been meaning to go back to Austin for Arcade UFO (it’s been about a decade), but the last few times it’s to go to Wrestle Circus :thumbsup:
Oh man, get ready. Everything is kinda the same, but also very different. All the games are on a card system now, but still lots of CRT. Still very loud when the place is busy, might be worth bringing hearing protection lol
The amount of arcades here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area is insane. Tokyo has numbers, but DFW has concentrated quality. I went to Round 1 in Grapevine yesterday, and they have DODONPACHI! Tornado Terrys has an insane amount of cabs and pinball machines! I'll be going to the National Video Game museum in Frisco this weekend. I hear they have a killer arcade thats all black lights and 80s new wave music. Cant wait!

I still haven't made it up to either of the Round 1s in/near DFW, I plan on cleaning out their UFO catchers at some point and really just wanna SEE Dance Rush in person. I hear they have mad expansion plans in TX, but iunno how much stock to put in that rumor.

The only issue I see is Arcade UFO has a list of games on their site that are mostly either for NAOMI or PS4. Please tell me that’s woefully out of date (like their twitter).

Pretty much true- very limited floor space unfortunately. PS4s are eh, almost a waste of space, but almost all of the newest fighting games pop up on console and see a late release in arcade-land, if they ever show up at all. Gotta keep em to host current day tournaments and keep the local FGC EVO ready. NAOMIs are all on CF since GDROM drives are getting old and hard to source.

The newest non-rhythm game is Initial D and even that isn't new, but most of the new stuff has been rhythm games. Here's to hoping Exa Arcadia actually sees an overseas release, it'll be one of the few systems that can be run before services like Nesicaxlive go offline- even that would only kiiiinda allow games up to 2015. Running newer stuff is a very touchy topic and there's a lot that can be done behind closed doors which would be really slimy to run in public, which goes a long way to explain why there isn't much in the way of brand new stuff there.

A bit of shameless self promotion here, but if you’re still in town over the August 9-11 weekend the expo I help run will be going on. I’ll have a few shmups in the arcade, so far guwange, dangun feveron, raiden 2, in the hunt, etc. but I’ll have about 100 games total along with a ton of console stuff.

Would love to see the Texas crew from here represented!

Www.letsplaygamingexpo.com

Back