What's new

DrBackhands

Student
Reaction score
Hello all!

Currently in Utah, USA (but try to be in Taiwan if I can help it). At the moment, I only have SegaSonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Fighters. Have been having a lot of trouble understanding what kind of wiring I need to connect trackballs to SegaSonic's original I/O board and someone said I ought to head here. My other project right now is hunting down a med. res. monitor so I can try out StF, but I'm in no rush to get that done.

Nice to meet you all!,
Geoff

Welcome!

SegaSonic info is on here somewhere thanks to Guru making repro I/O's. If someone doesn't find it before me I'll try to find it later tonight.

Welcome!

SegaSonic info is on here somewhere thanks to Guru making repro I/O's. If someone doesn't find it before me I'll try to find it later tonight.
Thanks, I appreciate it! To clarify, I already have the original I/O. It uses one of those 26p latch-style connectors AMP use to make (I think Guru's boards use a different style of connection). My issue is I'm not sure what plug I'd need to attach to the I/O board's 26p latch and then how to connect that to a Happ 3in. 6p molex. A shop owner near me said I'd need a 26p IDC, but I don't know any of the connector's specs to go out and start purchasing parts from Jameco...

Back