What's new

8bitforlife

Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Is house of the dead compatible in any other cabinet?

I'm getting zombie raid and area51 and possibly lethal enforcers

Probably - I believe it outputs 15khz and has 2 optical light guns (which I'm pretty sure is the same as zombie raid + lethal enforcers) so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't - may have to make some custom wiring looms mind.

The original HOTD is 24K medium res not 15K and can be made to work in almost any cab with a medium res crt monitor and standard optical guns but will need some work to build an adapter to get the model 2C board stack +gun i/o board and sound amp wired to jamma. The only other cab that is a direct plug in would be virtua cop 2

Apologies for the mistake, monitors aren’t my forte - I’ll keep quiet about them in future

I know for a fact you can put one in a Virtua Fighter Machine, as I just transplanted the guts of a VC into one of those cabinets without much issue.

I know for a fact you can put one in a Virtua Fighter Machine, as I just transplanted the guts of a VC into one of those cabinets without much issue.
ok interesting I have access to a vf1 and vf2 cab if I come up with capital. So far I'm in for area51 2 mk3 cabs zombie raid

Theres 2 vf1 cabs and 1 vf2 a lethal enforcer 2 4 slot big reds I haven't decided on

Well, as I played around with the Zombie Raids, they are not optical guns at all, rather joystick based like Terminator 2.

VF1 and 2 are 24k games. From the factory they come with Nanao MS826-SU monitors in them, so you can switch those manually from 15 to 24. The only reason I'm using one of these is because I bought a Virtua Cop and the seller finished his basement around the machine, and he couldn't get it out of his house. I took all the parts and just worked with what I had.

They do not have a jamma harness, nor do I think that the stunners from a Sega light gun game work with the Lethal Enforcers or A51/MF games.

Short answer, have multiple cabs if possible. Dedicated Area 51/Max Force, Dedicated Sega setup, and a dedicated Lethal Enforcers 1/2/Crypt Killers.

There wasn't a single standard that all arcade devs adhered to when it came to lightguns. Sega had their own thing that changed as new generations came out, Namco did their own thing that also evolved, Namco and Sega working together (Ninja Assault) did yet another thing, Konami did their own thing... it's a bit of a mess. There's not a lot of games that are easily swappable without some form of modification. If it's the same developer/manufacturer and of the same era of hardware, you might be able to do a game swap (see HOTD and Virtua Cop 1/2 as people have mentioned here), but even that is no guarantee because developers at the time preferred arcade owners to buy a whole new machine or an upgrade kit (e.g. Lethal Enforcers 1 -> LE2).

so I'll get the lethal enforcers area 51 and zombie raid and vf2 for potential conversion or just slap a game in it. The guy also has a vf1 2 in fact. I should be good. I could always find a vc or hod2 cab they seem to pop up alot in cali

Back