What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
I was going to go with MAME, but I found this board. Looking to learn!! I think this place is going to sink all my time.

EDIT: I might add that none of them work as I want them to.

Welcome - having broken cabs is mandatory, I can't remember the last time I didn't have at least one cab that was playing up!

Currently I have a WiP MAME cab, 3 woodies but two of them need the chassis fixing & 2 candy cabs.

Welcome! I have 30 cabs. I think only 5 of them worked 100% when I bought them. I have more fun fixing them than playing them I think. lol.
Welcome - having broken cabs is mandatory, I can't remember the last time I didn't have at least one cab that was playing up!

Currently I have a WiP MAME cab, 3 woodies but two of them need the chassis fixing & 2 candy cabs.
Well then, don't I feel warmly welcomed. Thanks guys!

I also recently got my 10th cab. 9/10 work but they need a good makeover to make them all pretty.

Welcome! I have 30 cabs. I think only 5 of them worked 100% when I bought them. I have more fun fixing them than playing them I think. lol.
I totally believe this, with all the projects you always have going on, I didn't think you had any time leftover to actually play anything :P

and welcome AC!

Intervention may be necessary......for both of us.

photo.JPG

Here is my proof, from left to right:

1. Dynamo HS-1 Pit Fighter - This one is getting the HyperSpin or AttractMode/MAME treatment
  2. NFL Blitz 2K Gold
  3. Lethal Enforcers (not mirrored)
  4. Midway MKII
  5. Atomiswave Upright - Sports Shooting USA
  6. Dynamo HS-5 (possible clone) - this one is getting the NAOMI treatment
  7. -=NOT PICTURED=-
  8. 4-Player MAME Cocktail Cab - Needs a monitor and PC
  9. WWF Wrestlefest Midway Cab - Has X-men vs Street Fighter CPS2 in it. My first and only CPS2 board. Battery replacement date on it says --/--/2005 :{
  10. Dynamo HS-9 - Marvel vs. Capcom 2
  11. Cruisin' USA Sitdown - Slave (just got this today. Actually, it works perfectly!)
  12. Cruisin' USA Sitdown - Master (going to pick this up next week. Hoping it works just as well)
That is actually the order I picked these up. The Dynamo HS-1 was picked up almost a year ago. Then there was a drought of cabs right until November 2015. All the rest of the cabs were picked up since then. Averaging just over $118/per cab. Perhaps we should come up with a measure of a break-even point for this hobby. I'll start it. $118/per cab =)

BTW, I love this board's software so far!

Last edited:
I only collect dedicated machines now. I love the dedicated Blitz. Wish I had one. Never seen an original LE cab without a mirrored monitor. Must have been modded along the way. I have a LE but your art looks like its in much better shape. Midway Wrestlemania cabs are very rare so if the art is all intact I would restore it back to Wrestlemania. I have a beautiful one here. I'd place the CPS2 kit in one of the Dynamos. Don't see many of the Atomiswave shooting cabs around. I would love one of them also.

I only collect dedicated machines now. I love the dedicated Blitz. Wish I had one. Never seen an original LE cab without a mirrored monitor. Must have been modded along the way. I have a LE but your art looks like its in much better shape. Midway Wrestlemania cabs are very rare so if the art is all intact I would restore it back to Wrestlemania. I have a beautiful one here. I'd place the CPS2 kit in one of the Dynamos. Don't see many of the Atomiswave shooting cabs around. I would love one of them also.
IMG_0576.JPG

Actually, it is a Wrestlefest cab. It is quite a charming cab and is pretty ergonomic considering the CP doesn't have a whole lot of depth and is almost horizontal to the ground. But the seller did have a Wrestle Mania cab. Perhaps I can pick that up from him. But I have no interest in that game.

IMG_0577.JPG

He did quite a terrible job with cutting the holes to adapt it for the CPS. Going to take some tremendous wood-working skills which I don't have to get it into proper working form for my purposes. But hey, time to give it the old college try!

IMG_0578.JPG

Actually, this is just a Blitz cab. But the marquee is Blitz 2K Gold/NBA Showtime. I have no idea what the board is going to be. I think the guy that sold it to me said it was Blitz 2K Gold. The cab is in good shape. Some graffiti on it, but I think it can come off easily. The monitor isn't hooked up and I was told it doesn't work. But I believe it is a WG K7000 so it should be easy to figure out if it is dead or not.

IMG_0579.JPG

As for the LE cab, it was definitely modded to not be mirrored. The art is still good on it. A little faded, but still good. You can actually see the horrible burn in on this monitor. I sourced a TV and this will be my first attempt at a tube swap. Looking forward to this one :).

Last edited:
That K7000 is a very easy monitor to replair as long as the chassis isn't a Zenith version. I noticed it's an original Blitz cab. I still want it. Lol. I have a Sportstation cab that I converted from a Virtua Fighter cab. (I had two and the monitor is beautiful)

So what do you think about my costs thus far for what I have accumulated? $118/per cab seems like a good deal.

Most I paid was $300 for the Atomiswave Upright. But along with that came the free Cruisin' USA set. The seller was a storage unit buyer. He tested the slave unit and found it didn't power on. I took it home, troubleshooted it, and found the ATX cable came loose inside the cab. Re-seated that, and it fired right up. Everything on it works perfectly, pedals, force feedback on the wheel. Very cool. The master unit powers on, but the neckboard is loose on it. A small piece of glass broke off the tip and this one might be lost. I'll find out next weekend when I bring it home. In any case, he knew wouldn't be able to get them to work, so was nice enough to just give me the Cruisin' USA cabs. Would be nice to have a linked set.

Yeah sounds like the tube may be toast if it's cracked. You can probably replace the tube with a 25 inch crt tv tube. Or retrofit it with an lcd. Either way you have made out. I really want a sit down driver but none have come my way yet.

The most I ever paid for a cab was $800. That was for the Wrestlemania. It's rare and pristine. I paid $600 for my Killer Instinct. $500 for my MK2. $250 each for my Virtua Fighters and 6-slot Neo big red.

The rest were pretty cheap. Including the $75 Ridge Racer 2 upright that only needed a monitor rebuild.

So yeah, money wise you are doing good. Be careful, it's like a drug. You get your first taste for cheap. Then you get hooked.

Pics of your Wrestlemania. I am pretty sure I can get it for less than $150.

Man I wish I have the space for cabs, but I live in a small apartment in the Bay Area. This arcade collecting thing is new to me so I am starting with just trying to obtain a supergunn first then some game boards. I just contacted Jamma Nation X to see if I can purchase a supergun from them. JNX seems swamped with backlog supergun orders.

Man I wish I have the space for cabs, but I live in a small apartment in the Bay Area. This arcade collecting thing is new to me so I am starting with just trying to obtain a supergunn first then some game boards. I just contacted Jamma Nation X to see if I can purchase a supergun from them. JNX seems swamped with backlog supergun orders.
I feel your pain, I bought a house out in the Central Valley because the price you pay for an apartment is 3x the cost of a big house in the Bay.

Anyway, Supergun is a good way to start. But I'd just sooner make my own Supergun. Really easy to do. You'll just need a soldering iron (a good one) at most. If you get the right parts, you can just crimp your connections. This hobby is impossible and less satisfactory if you don't have a soldering iron.

The most I ever paid for a cab was $800. That was for the Wrestlemania. It's rare and pristine.
Pics of your Wrestlemania. I am pretty sure I can get it for less than $150.
Weird, so I looked up Wrestlemania cab on the Internet and it shows a black cab. The one I saw at my source's place was yellow-ish? I may be going back there this weekend to pick up a woodie that supposedly has SFIICE in it. The monitor is toast on that cab. But for $50, it is worth it just for that board. I am going to have to bring my drill, bolt cutters, and flashlight though. But hey, maybe I'll luck out and there will be a CPS3 3rd Strike board in there! I'll take pics and notes of the Westlemania cab while I am there.

Mitsu, I am loving that space invaders pin you have. I want to get a sterns family guy pin, but they are a little too pricey for me right now. And thae KI cabs look fantastic; and I totally jealous of the asteroids deluxe cab, brings back many childhood memories.

Thanks. I haven't updated those pictures in years....

Back