What's new

maldoror68

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys ,after fixing sooo much good games on this forum, here is the new challenge :

let's "build" put a taito darksoft f3 Landmaker english rom !
(this game is great !) :love:

i was actually playing the ps1 ntsc us version (called block's builder) and i was surprised the game was translated in english (how to play and character's quotes)

after searching on the web (i was expecting there MUST BE an arcade english version), it appears the only commercial taito F3 version is in japanese. (Ver 2.01J 1998/06/01) :(

BUT there is an english / world prototype rom under mame.(Ver 2.02O 1998/06/02, prototype) 8o

so you see where i'm going...
any possibility to make a working full rom for the F3 darksoft in english ? ( either for the proto world build up, or either for mixing the japanese set with the proto world set )
:saint: :D

I own one of those prototype PCBs, lol. Not that it's helpful in getting it on the multi.
-ud

I would love to convert my original Japanese cart into English!

Last edited:
or maybe with the f3-multi romset generator ?

( can be done with cleopatra's fortune "O" version)

tried to use you file, is there any GUI ?
and bonus question, does it work too for a cleopatra fortune en english rom ? (you mentioned a "o" rom)

O is for Overseas, and yes, it's in English.

Tool is command line only.

Now I just have to figure out how I can get the roms to work on my cart.

i checked the "roll up pack" set and, indeed, "cleopatra fortune" and "land maker" are un overseas version in the "pure mame f3 roll up pack"

so i updated my sd with the "non japanese versions"

thumbs ! :thumbup:

thanks !

Oh damn, guess I need to check my pack again! I have the real cart and it's a fun game but I would like to see it all in English.

Back