What's new

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a Captain Commando here I'm trying to fix for a friend, the C board was suicided (game was dead) but after loading keys it still wouldn't fire up. I decided to install the decrypted set and use a SF2CE C board (B-21) - but it isn't working properly. It boots and runs but it's a complete mess because even though the C custom is the same, it's not the same C board type (confirmed with another Captain Commando C board)

Is there a way to get Captain Commando working with the CE C board? @Apocalypse is probably the man to ask here :P

Hey,
If you're using the decrypted set then it should work with any C board equipped with a non battery powered B21.
Can you take pictures of what you got so far please?

Yep. Will do.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that with a Captain Commando B21 the game boots and runs perfectly, with 2 CE C boards it boots and I get the same graphics issues on both.

It is a Euro region boardset and the decrypted set is US, but the only 2 ROMs that get replaced both say CCE - the rest on the board all say CC so I don't think that's the issue

I can't access the service menu, controls don't work and it otherwise acts like the C board is completely wrong.

Could it be an issue with the Dead Battery Society decrypted set? Is there another source for the decrypted set I could try?

Last edited:
Humm, weird, I've got a Capcom Commando running on a SF2 WW (90629 B-board and B17 on the C-board) but I did the patching work myself.

Could be a problem in the set, like trying to read the extra players inputs and if not returning something within an expected range it breaks the game (protection?).

That's possible too since the CE C board has the extra outputs, but they're for kicks not 3P/4P :/

Thinking about this, there are plenty of people who have done this conversion using SF2CE/HF boards so it shouldn't be an issue. Maybe both CE C boards are bad which sucks :/

Seems weird they both have exactly the same fault though. I might look at the PALs on both C boards and make sure they match

Mine (USA ver.) died, and a friend of mine replaced the battery and reinjected the keys using arduino, worked perfectly.

Maybe your keys file was the wrong one?

No, I used the same Arduino method to revive the other C board (same owner has 2)

One came back, the other didn't. I tried to load the keys multiple times.

C boards do die unfortunately, just one of those things.

is it any set of instructions fof how to create one of these decrypted conversions? I have a spare B and C boards around here :)

Back