What's new

TerakRall

Student
Reaction score
Ordered and received two repro panels from Alberto and am overall very pleased with the build quality. There is a color issue on the New Net City panel where it has a noticeable purple tint whereas the original panel is silver/chrome. Just posting a picture here for the benefit of anyone considering ordering as this tint was not visible in any pictures I saw before ordering and is far enough off from the original that it's an issue.

Has anyone else who ordered an NNC panel from Alberto had this same issue?

saCv4GE.jpg

Alberto is pretty up front that his panels don't match perfect. He usually mentions it in every post I've seen him make.

Getting that chrome finish seems to be an issue for almost all panel makers because that's a two step process that is not easy to replicate.

FWIW I tried to order an NNC panel from. Alberto and he was pretty honest with me and told me to just source a legit panel as they're still had for cheap. Did he not have a similar convo with you? Never known him to not be upfront.

Also lol @ 8 buttons :P

Alberto is pretty up front that his panels don't match perfect. He usually mentions it in every post I've seen him make.

Getting that chrome finish seems to be an issue for almost all panel makers because that's a two step process that is not easy to replicate.

FWIW I tried to order an NNC panel from. Alberto and he was pretty honest with me and told me to just source a legit panel as they're still had for cheap. Did he not have a similar convo with you? Never known him to not be upfront.

Also lol @ 8 buttons :P
The finish isn't the issue, I would have been just fine with a flat gray/silver panel with no reflective quality - it's the purple tint, something I didn't see in any pictures of his NNC panels. Since the difference in the color wasn't mentioned up front, Alberto has offered to take care of me if I don't want to keep the panel, so I have no complaints there. Just trying to find out if this is common to all his NNC panels or if this particular one had a printing error that made it more off-color.

And FWIW, I realize a MAME/console setup is not for purists but Alberto offers the 8-button option and I wanted the flexibility to hook the cab up to consoles with a Brook Retro Board to enable me to play faithful ports rather than trying to source expensive original PCBs.

Counterpoint, just as another data source: my friend has been dealing with Mikonos recently, and getting repros from him, specifically New Net City stuff, and has been very happy with the quality and service.

I know that thread went off the rails though.

Back