What's new
Thanks for the welcome, normally I'm on AA but seem to be some great topics and products on this site.

Whoaa! A Sydney sider! Where abouts in Sydney?

Welcome to the forums - a place of really smart and talented people! Too bad I'm not one of those :D :D

I'm here to drool over peoples collections and learn from the talented folks here.

Hey mate, I'm in Collaroy, what about yourself? Some great collections here, I have a few candy cabs but getting harder to find them at a reasonable price. most are in other states.

Hey mate, I'm in Collaroy, what about yourself? Some great collections here, I have a few candy cabs but getting harder to find them at a reasonable price. most are in other states.
Hey Lobsterboi, I too am from Sydney. I work about 10 minutes from Collaroy and live about 20. Used to spend a lot of time in Collaroy Plateau as a kid actually heh.

I loves the old CRT's (broadcast + B&O + 1084's) and pre-ps2 consoles and have just delved into the CPS2's and ordered a darksoft kit from Italy. Keen to see some classic Capcom's on my PVM's :)
Where the heck did you get your hands on the candy cabs ? They're quite rare now!

Hey evilsim, ah cool. don't know many arcade enthusiasts on the Northern Beaches, I actually live in the Plateau. I have a collected a lot of CRTs, mainly 14" TVs and 14" / 20" tubes, always wanted a PVM but not easy to get either.

I got my first candy which is a Exceleena about 15 years ago, took a break as was living in an apartment, now have a house so slowly finding them but true not many around so have 4 now, two CRTs and two LCDs.

Damn! Northern beaches... There's a few here from the Northern beaches iirc.

So far I'm the only Western Sydney person around here....

Damn! Northern beaches... There's a few here from the Northern beaches iirc.

So far I'm the only Western Sydney person around here....
Aghh!! yeah is a bit of a journey, I saw your restro on that Naomi Universal cab, great work. I remember seeing that advertised on gumtree and was tempted.

Hey Lobsterboi, I too am from Sydney. I work about 10 minutes from Collaroy and live about 20. Used to spend a lot of time in Collaroy Plateau as a kid actually heh.
I loves the old CRT's (broadcast + B&O + 1084's) and pre-ps2 consoles and have just delved into the CPS2's and ordered a darksoft kit from Italy. Keen to see some classic Capcom's on my PVM's :)
Where the heck did you get your hands on the candy cabs ? They're quite rare now!
Pre-PS2 is exactly my sweet-spot :) I'm in Avalon, just pinged @lobsterboi regarding a first hangout the weekend after next. You wanna join in as well?

yup count me in, if i can get away :)

EDIT: Maybe we could meet up in Newtown sometime at the 1989 bar ! Lots of arcade games, also I am friends with the owner Ben, hes a great guy who does a lot for the community.

Last edited:
Cool keen to see your collection ! Yep shoot the address I'll inform the family and I'll be there. Did U want me to bring any consoles ? Otherwise i only have a cps2 + darksoft (so far) happy to bring if U wanna play any titles.

I'm meeting some friends at 1989 bar on Wednesday evening as well if anyone is going to be nearby.

Back