Lindbergh and Naomi in same cabinet

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lindbergh and Naomi in same cabinet

Hi,

I have Sega lindbergh virtua tennis 3 cabinet (6800GT) (4:3 VGA monitor) bit.ly/2ydLigB ,
      and I`m been thinking, is it possible to but Naomi hardware in same cabinet and use them both,with same controls and monitor.

Is Naomi using same JVS I/O board than Lindbergh?

could this work: amzn.to/2SwTCRH

If I connect video, sound and controls.
      (waiting game) - Lindbergh Universal Cabinet
      Virtua Tennis 3 - Naomi Universal Cabinet
      NBA Showtime - 4 player midway cabinet
      2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge - 4 player midway cabinet
      Neo Geo 4-slot pcb - SNK SC-19
      TMNT Pinball - Data East
    • So both the Linbergh and Naomi would be powered at the same time or do you have a way to switch that also?

Technically the switcher should work .. only question is the USB for the JVS controls.
      -My Stuff-
      Sega Showcase cab (TTX2 Multi)
      Capcom Big Blue (Gen 2) (Capcom HyperSpin)
      Namco cab (Namco System 246)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Atomiswave (Naomi 2 Multi)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Sega Blast City

Area 51 (SharpShooter)
      Korean Crowin 302 (empty)(rebuilding
      NASCAR twin sitdowns (Xbox 360)
    • i think that they could to be powered at the same time with they own power subblies, and I just switch video/audio and controls. That sound most easiest setup.

And yeah, that USB for JVS controls is my biggest concern, video and audio should work.
      (waiting game) - Lindbergh Universal Cabinet
      Virtua Tennis 3 - Naomi Universal Cabinet
      NBA Showtime - 4 player midway cabinet
      2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge - 4 player midway cabinet
      Neo Geo 4-slot pcb - SNK SC-19
      TMNT Pinball - Data East
    • Audio is completely the same from Lindbergh -> Naomi

Naomi is VGA output, I'm not sure what your virtua tennis cab uses (DVI or VGA) but a converter can be purchased easily if it is DVI. Make sure your Naomi is set to 31khz if you do use a converter (or probably regardless, as I suspect the flat screen is 31k)

The Type 3 I/O would definately be recognised and work with the Naomi, it all just comes down to how the controls are mapped. I suspect the controlls for Virtua Tennis Naomi and Virtua Tennis Lindbergh are the same, so they would work - things like Virtua Athelete, Virtua Fighter would also probably work - but it basically just comes down to trying it!
      OpenJVS | OpenLSA | Arcade Blog

Own: Naomi / Chihiro Type 1 / Chihiro Type 3 / System SP / Lindbergh x 2 / Galeco Power 3D / System 246 Rack C
      Want: Time Crisis 1, Time Crisis 2, The House Of The Dead 1, The House Of The Dead 2