What's new
Reaction score
  • Hey everyone, I've been collecting retro consoles, hardware and Arcade cabs for roughly around 15 years now. My favorite consoles are the Neo Geo AES, PC Engine, Japanese Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast. Arcade wise I have 11 cabs, mostly Candy Cabs. My favorites are Neo Geo MVS, Naomi, all CPS boards and now im getting into the Lindbergh hardware. Looking forward to meeting some new people on here and sharing tech info on repairs and hardware upgrades.

I saw something similar on craigslist but I think it was a tennis game that they used a projector with it to play games. I can't find the ad anymore though.

Yep it's a Neo Geo 50" Arcade. I replaced the rear projection monitor with a 57" inch LCD that rates at 2.5 ms lag, virtually undetectable. I added a Neo Bitz video encoder to the RGB line of the cab, interfacing it with an XRGB mini then displaying it on the screen. End result a absolute beautiful image and I saved a ton of space this way.

more pics please and why you no live closer so we can play with it.

I'm here in So Cal and always welcome new people to come on over to my bi monthly retro gaming meetups. I've been fortunate enough to have meet several online friends in person from different countries when they came on vacation to So Cal. Disneyland, Hollywood and my personal retro gaming/ home Arcade.

one of my other favorite games to play on my cab, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo ..

That's an awesome setup.

Alright mitsu, open up that money vault and pay the man. I'll help you load it up.

Lol Sorry gentleman my big boy Arcade toys are not for sale !! Lol I'm totally attached to my hardware and Arcades. You dudes are all welcome over to enjoy them if your ever visiting my neck of the woods. Next I'm working on getting Sega Marine fishing on my cab with the DC fishing rod. Absolutely love that game !! Hopefully the Naomi will respond with the DC rod.

Do you have one of our Cps2 multi kits?

Do you have one of our Cps2 multi kits?
Not yet bro but I'm looking to get one also when the time comes.
Hey there I'm back from a semi long break that I had to take from the Arcade scene due to a career change and a financial situation. Back at it and fully running with it again !! Just received two of the CPS2 Multis and somehow a few of the header pins if that's correct term for them were bent on the main big board on both of my kits, tried to gently straighten them out and they simply just broke. Pretty bummed out on this but am sure I will get the help needed to resolve this issue, hopefully from you brother. Really excited to get these kits up and running soon !!

Yep it's a Neo Geo 50" Arcade. I replaced the rear projection monitor with a 57" inch LCD that rates at 2.5 ms lag, virtually undetectable. I added a Neo Bitz video encoder to the RGB line of the cab, interfacing it with an XRGB mini then displaying it on the screen. End result a absolute beautiful image and I saved a ton of space this way.
welcome (back), and awesome set-up man! Are you any good at ST? I’m another fellow SoCal member here. Where in SoCal are you? I’m down in Tustin (Orange County).

Btw, if you’re using an XRGB mini for upscaling, you’re pretty much adding lag frames back into your setup. The mini uses a frame buffer to process content and adds 1-3 frames of lag depending on your settings. It’s a nice scaler with lots of features but unfortunately it’s not lagless like the OSSC.
I’ve got both and I haven’t used my Mini for gaming for a while now (only for recording). The OSSC is a line-doubler so it processes each line as it’s drawn, rather than buffering it for processing.
Anyway you seem to care about lag frames from your lcd comment, so I figured I’d mention it. :thumbsup:

Oh nice !! Your kinda local to my area. I reside in Downey. I play ST casually to be honest. Not that tech at it and I've long since have switched up my scanline generator to an OSSC also. There is most definitely a difference in both devices performance wise. I now use my XRGB Mini in my bedroom setup for simple casual retro console gaming. I still host retro gaming meet ups at my place. Just had one this past Saturday, good crowd should up approxamenly 40 plus attended. Maybe you can roll up sometime and check out all of my setups. Got a little bit of everything setup throughout my entire place. All up for a session !!!

Back