What's new

mskhaos

Student
Reaction score
I have 2 copies of dodonpachi doj for the PGM. Both carts exhibit the same issue on my PGM motherboard. When booting the game after the cave warning screen it will throw an "address error" screen. If i add credits during the warning screen the game will work just fine. I also found that if the credit counter reaches zero and the game goes back to the title screen it will give the error again. My only legit PGM cart "demon front" has no issues with this motherboard. Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you try clearing the NVRAM on the motherboard? Push the silver switch on the side.

I just tried this and I still get the same issue.

Is this the eprom with both version on it? If so mine does the same thing. I just put the black back on

Im actually not sure if it has both versions. Currently boots to black label. How would you switch versions?

when you boot it up it give you an option to pick. I think a 10 second count down?

Have you cleaned the cart edge connectors?? I know the PGM is really fussy about the cart connectors....

T.

I've had this happen a number of times, this is what I do:

1. Turn all Dips Off except for the test mode dip (I think Dip 1, I could be wrong)
2. Put an Original cart in your PGM and power on (Anything other than one of the conversion games, I usually use DDP2BS)
3. in the test menu clear memory
4. turn the test dip off and exit test mode into game mode.
5. wait for the game to boot into attract mode.
6. Power down and install your DDP DOJ cart

This seems to happen to me when switching from one of the other conversion carts to DDPDOJ, I feel like something fails to get cleared properly from the main board memory and the only way to set it properly is to boot an original cart. I also get some graphical glitches in Espgaluda and Ketsui when switching to them from DDPDOJ. As a result I just keep a dedicated DDPDOJ main board and the same process fixes those.

Try this.

Power off.

Toggle and hold the NVRAM switch and hold for 5 seconds or so. Keeping it held, power on and hold for a further 5 seconds. Release and see if that fixes it.

Not sure on the reasoning behind it, aside from I had a motherboard that glitched out and froze with an error. The above procedure restored it to a fully working state. Just flicking the switch with it powered off did nothing.

Probably won't work but worth a shot.

I'm not seeing anything in the test menu either, in regards to clearing anything.

I know I’m bumping a 4yr old thread - but I just ran into this same issue - hit reset switch while running the DDP sheepnova cart and now I get a glitched out version of DDP and other games won’t boot at all (OPCODE 1111), then a memory address issue if I try to boot without cart (and can’t get into test mode). Have tried the fixes offered above and no change.

Anyone find a solution to this?

🙏
EE48CD83-3218-4C62-B153-80FEB6A988AE.jpeg

Do you have Discord at all?? I thought i saw this picture... but can't remember where....

T.

Back